Tips for my maiden voyage & potential beer buddies

JohnTheSailorMan

Hello Everyone,

I will be sailing on the Carnival Freedom departing from Galveston - Jan 07, 2017.

Please share any tips, secrets or any helpful information you would like to share.

Also if you happen to be sailing with me I would love to know that as well.

I tried to find the roll call for my sail date, but it doesn't exist yet.

Thanks All!

Hello Everyone,

I will be sailing on the Carnival Freedom departing from Galveston - Jan 07, 2017.

Please share any tips, secrets or any helpful information you would like to share.

Also if you happen to be sailing with me I would love to know that as well.

Thanks All!

Welcome to Cruise Critic!

You should post this on the Carnival forum, they would be the best source for tips:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=215

Happy cruising!

Edited by clarea

Then you absolutely should start one. :) Roll Calls are started by members like yourself, not by moderators, so feel free! That is how you will meet up with others on your specific sailing.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=377 <--click here to start new Roll Call

Then you absolutely should start one. :) Roll Calls are started by members like yourself, not by moderators, so feel free! That is how you will meet up with others on your specific sailing.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=377 <--click here to start new Roll Call

Thanks for the help, I just created the roll call!

Another wonderful place to get really good accurate information is the actual "FAQ" section on the Carnival website. Policies change, sometimes frequently, and there is some truly fabulous information within the FAQ's on pretty much every aspect of the ship including detailed information on the Cheers program, spa options, what you can bring on and not bring on, etc. etc. I find new stuff there all the time that I didn't know and I have been cruising these boards on a regular basis for five years.

All too often people get upset about things because they did not take the time to educate themselves about cruising, their cruise lines' rules, what is provided or not provided, etc. and it really spoils their time. But if you take just a little time before the cruise to do the research you will help avoid a thousand little pitfalls that could inadvertently spoil something for you simply because you did not know.

It is a truly awesome experience and the absolute best vacation you can have for the money. Enjoy!

Another wonderful place to get really good accurate information is the actual "FAQ" section on the Carnival website. Policies change, sometimes frequently, and there is some truly fabulous information within the FAQ's on pretty much every aspect of the ship including detailed information on the Cheers program, spa options, what you can bring on and not bring on, etc. etc. I find new stuff there all the time that I didn't know and I have been cruising these boards on a regular basis for five years.

All too often people get upset about things because they did not take the time to educate themselves about cruising, their cruise lines' rules, what is provided or not provided, etc. and it really spoils their time. But if you take just a little time before the cruise to do the research you will help avoid a thousand little pitfalls that could inadvertently spoil something for you simply because you did not know.

It is a truly awesome experience and the absolute best vacation you can have for the money. Enjoy!

This is my second piece of advice I give anyone about to go on a cruise (after getting to one's embarkation city at least a day early). I get so amazed that people ask questions that are found so easily on the website. And even after several cruises, I always check the website for the cruise line we're about to come on for the very reason you mentioned -- things change.