Cancellation Policy

lanabanana

Is it correct that if you cancel before the final payment date, that you lose your deposit???? Royal Caribbean has full refund if cancelled before final payment.

If you book by the US "rules" then you don't loose your deposit if you cancel before the final payment date, but if you book through NCL Europe you do... Different rules/laws for different markets.

Edited by TrumpyNor

Also, if you book through the Australian site you don't get a refund as your booking is under Australian refund laws. That's why I book direct through my original NCL PCC and force my browser away from the Australian site.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Is it correct that if you cancel before the final payment date, that you lose your deposit???? Royal Caribbean has full refund if cancelled before final payment.

carnival has a policy that is kind of like that but not ncl.......before final payment date.

I was trying to make sense of their chart and it looks like that. I highly disagree that their chart is "clear" in its policy!

If you are looking for a statement that says "You will not lose your deposit if you cancel before your final payment date" you won't find it.

However, its pretty easy to determine when your final payment is due and when cancellation penalties kick in.

The confusion stems from the myriad of final payment due dates and the steps in cancellation penalty periods based on cruise length, season and booking category.

When you know the details of your booking, identifying both the final payment date and applicable cancellation penalties is right there in print.

I have a group that I booked well over a year ago, before NCL changed the Cancellation Policy. They also subsequently changed the final payment policy.

Our final payment is due this weekend, but every reservation now says it is in the cancellation period, and a fee would be made.

NCL is becoming known for changing horses in mid stream. Changing the rules and conditions and making it retroactive. So it is always best to ask, and not assume that you have until the final payment to get back your entire deposit.

If you book by the US "rules" then you don't loose your deposit if you cancel before the final payment date, but if you book through NCL Europe you do... Different rules/laws for different markets.

If your deposit is loose just tighten it up and all will be fine! :D

I agree with you. When we were reading their policy before booking our NCL cruises, the policy was about as clear as mud.

For those who read and comprehend English this page (https://www.ncl.com/about/cancellation-fee-schedule) is very clear. It does contain a lot of information, but it is not at all difficult to understand what applies to any given reservation.

I have a group that I booked well over a year ago, before NCL changed the Cancellation Policy. They also subsequently changed the final payment policy.

Our final payment is due this weekend, but every reservation now says it is in the cancellation period, and a fee would be made.

NCL is becoming known for changing horses in mid stream. Changing the rules and conditions and making it retroactive. So it is always best to ask, and not assume that you have until the final payment to get back your entire deposit.

Did you do any cancel & rebook? There are 2 separate cancellation policies - one for bookings made before 1/1/16 & ones made on or after 1/1/16.

If your deposit is loose just tighten it up and all will be fine! :D

Sorry, English is as you probably understand NOT my first language.... Of course it should be spelled lose.... But I guess my message got through anyway. :p

Edited by TrumpyNor

I thought that would be the process. But no, when I go in to make the final payments, there is a notice stating they are in the Cancellation period, and these booking were all made well over a year ago

You mean in MyNCL (or your TA's website)? That is probably just a website glitch, similar have happened with DSC raises last year even though people were grandfathered with the pre-raise price for prepayments.

The statement of "Vacation starts in 79 days. Cancellation Fee" is on Payment Schedule tab.

Initial Date02/27/2015

And have you asked NCL if your cancellation policy is actually changed or are you only making noise based on that tab instead of actual terms (already linked on this thread)?

then just by pass the thread. I gave my input based on my experience to the OP.

Hopefully it was appropriate and useful information to them.

People, like you, who constantly look for trouble where there is none are less than useful.

There was nothing in my post that said being in the cancellation period as shown by the booking engine caused me or my clients any grief or trouble, as no one was cancelling, just making their final payments.

So if there was any "noise" in this thread, it came from you, some one who time and time again proves themselves to be a troll and less than useful.

I was trying to make sense of their chart and it looks like that. I highly disagree that their chart is "clear" in its policy!
The non-Haven/holiday parts of the chart are missing the $0 line for the period before final payment. As it stands they don't tell you what you will owe if you cancel more than 90/75 days before sailing. We can assume it is $0, but this is not the kind of thing you can leave implicit in a cancellation policy. :mad:

This is typical sloppiness from the NCL legal department, and it will probably stay like that for years, or until they decide to replace it with another incompletely formulated, badly written policy.

I gave my input based on my experience to the OP.

Hopefully it was appropriate and useful information to them.

People, like you, who constantly look for trouble where there is none are less than useful.

There was nothing in my post that said being in the cancellation period as shown by the booking engine caused me or my clients any grief or trouble, as no one was cancelling, just making their final payments.

So if there was any "noise" in this thread, it came from you, some one who time and time again proves themselves to be a troll and less than useful.

You have right to your opinions (not personal attacks though, but I don't feel to need to return the favour nor report you to the admins) but not to your own set of facts.

I'm only asking if your claim of your groups' cancellation policy is factual (confirmed by NCL) or are you merely making assumptions because of very likely website glitch.

Edited by Demonyte