Cruise Preferences

SilverBlue

I'm sorry if this has been addressed in other forums (I did a search...), but is there a place on the O website that asks for personal cruise preferences (pillows, liquor choices, etc.) to be in place prior to cruise departure? When we sailed on Regent, we were asked several questions regarding preferences but I don't see anything like that on the O website. Thanks in advance!

because it is not there

Just ask your TA to put a note in your file

If you are in a top suite I believe you will get a list when you board for the liquor provided in your suite & the Butler will look after it for you

It would be nice to have the option to choose the sodas you prefer in the fridge ahead of time but Oceania website is not as interactive as other lines

Edited by LHT28

because it is not there

Just ask your TA to put a note in your file

If you are in a top suite I believe you will get a list when you board for the liquor provided in your suite & the Butler will look after it for you

Thank you!! It really surprises me that you cannot pre-order beverage packages or designate preferences online ahead of time. I wonder why that is? In any case, we are looking forward to our first O cruise! :)

Henry

Princess is not a luxury line & yet we were abble to choose the pillow type, bed configuration & sodas we wanted in the fridge online

Oceania is falling behind in the technology dept IMO

Thank you!! It really surprises me that you cannot pre-order beverage packages or designate preferences online ahead of time. I wonder why that is? In any case, we are looking forward to our first O cruise! :)

If you want to preorder the beverage package just contact who you booked with & they can do it but you will pay upfront at the time of booking ..

so if you have an OBC I would wait until embarkation day to sign up for it

JMO

We had special request for beverages (non alcoholic), and our TA contacted Oceania well in advance.

I think we read about someone else doing that, here on CruiseCritic, some time ago.

When we boarded, and soon thereafter met our Butler, he already knew about it all, and apologized that the supplies were still being loaded on board.

We weren't quite sure it would "work" (and thus we had to risk not carrying on a duffel bag full of "supplies"), but it worked like a charm.

Just because there isn't any automated form, don't assume that you can't request what you prefer.

We had special request for beverages (non alcoholic), and our TA contacted Oceania well in advance.

I agree

Yes if you want something they do not normally carry or have food sensitivities you should contact Special services dept well in advance ..your TA can do this for you

Henry

Princess is not a luxury line & yet we were abble to choose the pillow type, bed configuration & sodas we wanted in the fridge online

Oceania is falling behind in the technology dept IMO

Agreed.

I also wish you could view your bill online as well as the daily menus in the MDR.

It would be much more convenient and save a lot of paper (& trees).

Agreed.

I also wish you could view your bill online as well as the daily menus in the MDR.

It would be much more convenient and save a lot of paper (& trees).

I take cruises to get away from the obsessions and overt need to have computers in every sector of ones life.... This on "line" need is not good and I avoid it.... E-mail fine... the rest is unseeded. I walked out of a restaurant recently when they presented me with this computer thing as their menu .

We have plenty of trees. and recycled paper ... ever been to Alaska?

I take cruises to get away from the obsessions and overt need to have computers in every sector of ones life.... This on "line" need is not good and I avoid it.... E-mail fine... the rest is unseeded. I walked out of a restaurant recently when they presented me with this computer thing as their menu .

We have plenty of trees. and recycled paper ... ever been to Alaska?

Couldn't agree more. One of the reasons we cruise is to cut the digital cord haunting the rest of our busy lives. Not sure why, in the setting of a relaxing cruise, the pleasant ritual of scanning a menu handed you by a polite server would want to be replaced by pre-planning one's order on your cabin's TV screen.

OK - let's clear the air and cool our heels :D

I meant menus and bill on the TV in the room - not literally online nor a computer in MDR for a menu.

Instead now we get multiple printed copies of our bill during the cruise to check that charges are correct and have daily menus delivered on PAPER to our cabins; and the reason to see the MDR menu ahead of time is to decide where to eat that evening and perhaps cancel/change the specialty restaurant, if desired, ahead of time rather than last minute so that someone else can enjoy it. This is not for "pre-planning one's order on the TV".

If we could view those things on the room TV, we would save a lot of paper.

Does that make it clearer now? :D

Edited by Paulchili

OK - let's clear the air and cool our heels :D

I meant menus and bill on the TV in the room - not literally online nor a computer in MDR for a menu.

Instead now we get multiple printed copies of our bill during the cruise to check that charges are correct and have daily menus delivered on PAPER to our cabins; and the reason to see the MDR menu ahead of time is to decide where to eat that evening and perhaps cancel/change the specialty restaurant, if desired, ahead of time rather than last minute so that someone else can enjoy it. This is not for "pre-planning one's order on the TV".

If we could view those things on the room TV, we would save a lot of paper.

Does that make it clearer now? :D

Very clear. Too much work for me. We see the menu when we get there and go from there. Don't need to plan our dinner at 2 in the afternoon. Love all the spec. restaurants so the menu is known before we get there.

Very clear. Too much work for me. We see the menu when we get there and go from there. Don't need to plan our dinner at 2 in the afternoon. Love all the spec. restaurants so the menu is known before we get there.

OK - glad it works for you as is.