Dining package onboard

I promise I've searched and read thread after thread but can't find the answer to this...

We're on Allure in May. We have a lot of OBC so I'm thinking about booking a dining package once onboard. Looking at the menu order, we'd like to dine in specialty restaurants on nights 3, 4, and 7. Is this possible or are you required to dine specialty on night 1?

Hopefully someone with 1st hand experience will post ... but from what I've read with the Oasis and Quantum dining packages:

You will get to select a dining time (not night) for your 1st specialty meal. RC will then pick the restaurant to match that time you picked and it could either be on the 1st or 2nd night. You don't get to pre-choose the night or location ... you just know that you'll be eating at your chosen time somewhere on the 1st or second night.

When you board the ship, you can then make the rest or your specialty reservations, and change the 1st choice RC gives you, based on availability. I'm thinking you would be able to move that 1st or 2nd night to night 3 as long as you're on board?

My take is that you're giving up the potential availability and flexibility in pre-booking specialty dining in exchange for the package discount. If you're looking to book with OBC, it may be a good choice as you weren't planning to pre-book anyway.

Edited by Brocktoon623

Are you saying you can book the package onboard? Will you get the same price?

It's not guaranteed that they will be available on board. On our last cruise they offered the 3,4 and 5 day packages in the cruise planner but once on board they only offered the 3 day package. It was the same price.

On our Christmas cruise they did not offer them on board but the did in the cruise planner beforehand.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

We did the package and selected the second night. got on the ship and they booked the first. It was easily changed back to the second. You are required to go 1st or 2nd night for the first meal. It's kind of the reason for the special pricing, they are not busy the first two nights.

With the package special it's a better deal to do the 4 night and go the 1st or 2nd and the rest of the nights you have picked.

We plan on booking the 3 dinner package when we board. Question is what nights. Is there some way to see what will be served each evening in the mdr before booking. Wasn't sure if the menus for the week are posted in the dining room.

We plan on booking the 3 dinner package when we board. Question is what nights. Is there some way to see what will be served each evening in the mdr before booking. Wasn't sure if the menus for the week are posted in the dining room.

There are many places to see the menus. The maitre d' in each specialty restaurant has them, and knows their order. Ditto for the Concierge or Diamond Concierge.