New! Register to Attend OFFICIAL Meet & Mingles on Your Next Carnival Cruise!

LauraS

On line people are chatty Cathy's. Sure, I'm be there and then don't show up. It's so annoying.

I'm pretty sure they didn't show up to ours because Carnival didn't show up. We almost walked away too but started chatting to a few who were from cruise critic before we left. We showed up at the time and place Carnival listed in the Fun Times and waited a good 20 minutes while we talked with others who were waiting. It was Carnival that was a no show.

I posted something similar to this on another thread.

On the Glory Mother's Day sailing: 40 some Cruise Critic members signed up for the Meet and Mingle. I had seen enough questions/comments that I looked for it in the fun times every day. The announcement was a single line in the list of activities section. Not hard to find, but you had to be looking for it. No special invitation delivered to the cabin or anything like that.

The M&M was in an aft lounge scheduled for an hour just prior to Early Dining. Perfect for us, get ready early and go from there straight to dining. It was scheduled for the Roatan Day, Tuesday of a Saturday to Saturday cruise.

I am very disappointed in my fellow Cruise Critic members. 5 of us showed up, 4 from my party. I wish I had gotten the other woman's name so I could thank her for showing up.

The ship had a bartender, a server, the Cruise Director and the Entertainment Director show up. All stayed for the hour. There was a fruit thing (several fruit pieces on sticks stuck into a pineapple (2 of these), and wine was served at no charge. (the others in my party are non-drinkers, the other guest and I had wine). Don't know if other drinks would have been free or not.

We had an excellent discussion with the CD and ED. They said their experience with the M&Ms was mixed. Sometimes lots of people show up, sometimes the turnout was disappointing. Neither had any insight on Carnival's plans to continue these or not. They did say that the first sea day is a very busy one for them, and that they liked this time on a port day better for scheduling.

Just my experience

Does anyone know how to cancel your attendance to the M&M? I registered for mine but reading all the reports about inconvenient times and lack of interest by Carnival I don't think I want to go now.

I don't want to be there with just a handful of other people and I don't want to be one of the many who don't show up because they missed the notice in the Fun Times or because the meet is scheduled while they're getting ready for dinner.

Ours was on the last sea day, at 4pm which was a good time. However, I wish the day was different. We had 100+ registered for it, and 15 showed up. Carnival definitely did their part. They had food/drink and CD Ben was there with us as well.

Does anyone know how to cancel your attendance to the M&M? I registered for mine but reading all the reports about inconvenient times and lack of interest by Carnival I don't think I want to go now.

I don't want to be there with just a handful of other people and I don't want to be one of the many who don't show up because they missed the notice in the Fun Times or because the meet is scheduled while they're getting ready for dinner.

I would not worry about trying to cancel.

No one is really checking. It is very informal.

It will not be published on the Carnival Hub app because this event is not sponsored by Carnival. Technically this is a Cruise Critic event.

My 2 cents.

Have fun on your cruise.

• 4 months later...
Ours was on the last sea day, at 4pm which was a good time. However, I wish the day was different. We had 100+ registered for it, and 15 showed up. Carnival definitely did their part. They had food/drink and CD Ben was there with us as well.

Ridiculous day / time to have a M&G! First or second day makes more sense.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 1 year later...