How to keep new cruisers!

Gummie

On a recent Silhouette cruise, a couple at our table were on their first cruise. Former cruisers had told them about formal nights (not knowing about Chic). He had rented a tux thru Celebrity and was assured it would be in his room when he came aboard. It wasn't, but he was assured it would be there for the next night. It wasn't, so he went back with the hope the charge would be dropped for $120 to $60 for only one night. The response was "our mistake, no charge". Kudos to Celebrity!

Compare their experience to ours on our first (and likely last) Royal Caribbean cruise. My bag of laundry, which I needed done in time for the first formal night, got lost and was not delivered until the next night. I mentioned that I thought I should be comped the cost of the laundry, and after checking the charge was not on my account the next morning. They snuck it back on the next day, though, and would not take it off at the end of the cruise. Over a $20 issue they were at fault for, they lost a customer that plans on spending two months at sea a year in the (hopefully) near future.

Way to go, X!

On a recent Silhouette cruise, a couple at our table were on their first cruise. Former cruisers had told them about formal nights (not knowing about Chic). He had rented a tux thru Celebrity and was assured it would be in his room when he came aboard. It wasn't, but he was assured it would be there for the next night. It wasn't, so he went back with the hope the charge would be dropped for $120 to $60 for only one night. The response was "our mistake, no charge". Kudos to Celebrity!

Classy way to handle the situation.:)