Coco Cay Stingray Excursion. Children's age??

I've posted this in different sections of the forums with no luck. So I decided to post it in here hoping for some help. I looked at Royals website for this excursion and I think my kids would love to swim with stingrays. But when I look at the details for this excursion it says that it may be fine for families with small children. But it also says that age restrictions MAY apply. My kids are 6, and my daughter will be one month shy of turning 3. Would they both be able to do this excursion? Thank you

I've posted this in different sections of the forums with no luck. So I decided to post it in here hoping for some help. I looked at Royals website for this excursion and I think my kids would love to swim with stingrays. But when I look at the details for this excursion it says that it may be fine for families with small children. But it also says that age restrictions MAY apply. My kids are 6, and my daughter will be one month shy of turning 3. Would they both be able to do this excursion? Thank you

If you are referring to the Sting Ray City Bahamas (QCC8) excursion, I don't see any minimum age restriction.

I downloaded the brochure from here:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/beforeyouboard/shoreExcursions/downloadBrochure/process.do

I thought Sting Ray City was in Grand Cayman? Have you tried to book this excursion? I wonder if it is an IT error.

I thought Sting Ray City was in Grand Cayman? Have you tried to book this excursion? I wonder if it is an IT error.

You could be correct about it being an error, but it's showing up under the Coco Cay excursions for that cruise.

You could be correct about it being an error, but it's showing up under the Coco Cay excursions for that cruise.

Yes, I saw that too. Never saw it as an excursion when we have gone to Coco Cay. Have seen sting rays there, but just when we have been snorkeling on our own.

Edit:

There is one that NCL and RCI started excursions to in 2013 and 2014. http://stingraycitybahamas.com/

Edited by reallyitsmema

Yes, I saw that too. Never saw it as an excursion when we have gone to Coco Cay. Have seen sting rays there, but just when we have been snorkeling on our own.

Edit:

There is one that NCL and RCI started excursions to in 2013 and 2014. http://stingraycitybahamas.com/

Thanks for the link, however I cannot tell where this place is located. Since NCL and Royal are both going there, I wonder if it's on another island, like Great Harbor Cay.

Thanks for the link, however I cannot tell where this place is located. Since NCL and Royal are both going there, I wonder if it's on another island, like Great Harbor Cay.

If you click on the FB link, it says the location is Great Harbour Cay, Berry Islands. Makes sense since the excursion time isn't too long, not far to travel.

If you click on the FB link, it says the location is Great Harbour Cay, Berry Islands. Makes sense since the excursion time isn't too long, not far to travel.

That island is right next to Great Stirrup Cay, where NCL has their private area. Thanks for the info, mystery solved.:)

Yes it's at Coco Cay. It looks like a large penned area to interact with the Stingrays. I agree she may be too small for this but if she doesn't go with us then either my wife or I must stay back. We're hoping for all of us to go. Thanks

Yes it's at Coco Cay. It looks like a large penned area to interact with the Stingrays. I agree she may be too small for this but if she doesn't go with us then either my wife or I must stay back. We're hoping for all of us to go. Thanks

You could leave your little one in the nursery on the ship for a few hours while you go on the excursion. There is a fee, but that might be an option if you really want to see the stingrays.

Does the excursion say if you enter from the beach or from a boat? I don't see how you all couldn't go and then just take turns either going on and off the boat or staying in the shallow part of the water if it's too much for the youngest?

Does the excursion say if you enter from the beach or from a boat? I don't see how you all couldn't go and then just take turns either going on and off the boat or staying in the shallow part of the water if it's too much for the youngest?

This is what it says:

Greet your professional staff as you start out on your adventure. You'll receive instruction, equipment and safety tips before a short

speedboat ride whisks you to Stingray Cay, where the calm crystal clear waters are the home to many Southern Stingrays. Enter

the three to eight foot deep water where you'll interact and feed tame stingrays under the supervision of a staff and then enjoy a

snorkeling excursion.

Highlights:

• Scenic speedboat ride: Whisk past picturesque views of bird life and sea life.

• Stingray Cay: Interact and feed tame stingrays in 3-8 feet deep water in calm clear waters home to Southern Stingrays.

• Snorkel: Explore the calm crystal clear waters on a snorkeling adventure.

Edited by clarea

The video looks like it takes you by boat to a small dock. And then go from there for the interaction. I've done a stingray encounter in Grand Cayman years ago that took us by boat to a sandbar out in the ocean and I remember people staying on the boat and just watching. I'm wondering if we could just keep her on the dock and or hold her while in the water. I tried emailing RCI with no response.

The video looks like it takes you by boat to a small dock. And then go from there for the interaction. I've done a stingray encounter in Grand Cayman years ago that took us by boat to a sandbar out in the ocean and I remember people staying on the boat and just watching. I'm wondering if we could just keep her on the dock and or hold her while in the water. I tried emailing RCI with no response.

It's possible that the Shore Excursions people onboard will have more detailed info.

I took my three year old grandson (he had just turned 3) and they do not charge you for his excursion but you do still have to book him for it if he is going. My grandson LOVED IT! I did hold him on my back on in front of me because it would have been over his head and i did not want to take the change of him stepping on one and forgetting to just shuffle his feet. He was able to feed it squid and he talks about how it sucked it out of his hand. He stroked it and held out his arms and held it with some help. He is now 4 1/2 and we are going to do it again in May and that is all he is talking about.