Ultimate Balcony Dining...In Bath Robes?

BTwurddle

Nope. I said they are "able" to see them. Didn't say hundreds passengers were lining the railings to look down. :) Passengers as well as officers on the bridge have seen some very "interesting" sights over the years. I know I have.

Somehow seeing two people eating dinner on their balcony wearing bathrobes doesn't strike me as a particularly "interesting" sight. At least no more so than people in their bathing suits eating pizza and burgers out on the Lido deck. :rolleyes:

I can see very easily the balcony breakfast in your robes, but dinner, I need to wrap myself around that, whatever you are comfortable with, maybe you could buy special robes at home and gift it just before the dinner. Enjoy!

As others have said,I do not think that you want to use the Princess robes that are placed in your cabin.

I have not found them to give a comfortable fit unless you are an extremely petite person.

If you want, bring your own comfortable robes or relaxed clothes.

Somehow seeing two people eating dinner on their balcony wearing bathrobes doesn't strike me as a particularly "interesting" sight. At least no more so than people in their bathing suits eating pizza and burgers out on the Lido deck. :rolleyes:
How about people stripping out of their bathing suits on the balcony so they can hang them on the furniture to dry and then staying au natural to enjoy the view. :)

Years ago, there was a Caribbean cruise when some young men from the US Air Force Academy were onboard and met some young ladies from a college. The first night out, one couple got amorous on a Dolphin mini-suite balcony with her sitting on the railing. She lost her balance and fell overboard. The airman jumped over after her. They both survived, thank goodness. At the time, someone was photographing the balconies and the photos were all over the Internet. Grainy but clear what was happening.

Edited by Pam in CA

Fiance treated us to a mini suite on an upcoming cruise and I suggested we try the ultimate balcony dinner. Neither of us frequent the main dining rooms and sometimes just enjoy an evening to ourselves. I suggested we make a reservation for the ultimate balcony dinner and instead of getting dressed we enjoy dinner and cocktails on our balcony in our white Princess robes! I mean, we are on vacation right? Fiance says I'm nuts, but I think it would be awesome to get home, share pictures of dinner on our balcony at see with us relaxed and in our pjs! Am I crazy or just living in the moment? Happy cruising everyone!

Seems like this is the main reason to do the UBD. Enjoy!

I would hope there was a photographer to record the fun. It would look like a Princess brochure. Great Christmas card too. Don't let the fuddy-dutties impede on your great time. Be sure to wave at those in the upper balconies and the bridge watching, if there are actually anyone watching. They will be envious.

I would hope there was a photographer to record the fun. It would look like a Princess brochure. Great Christmas card too. Don't let the fuddy-dutties impede on your great time. Be sure to wave at those in the upper balconies and the bridge watching, if there are actually anyone watching. They will be envious.

In addition do it on Formal and think what you can save packing!

As others have said,I do not think that you want to use the Princess robes that are placed in your cabin.

I have not found them to give a comfortable fit unless you are an extremely petite person.

If you want, bring your own comfortable robes or relaxed clothes.

Yesterday some posts were deleted & the OP said they're bringing their own plush Princess robes like those included with the UST.

We've always worn shirts and shorts for the UBD. But it's whatever you want as long as you're dressed somewhat. We have had the dinners on Caribe Deck balcony cabins where others could see us from above. Even the time we had in on the Baja Deck, the people below us looked up and noticed us as the photographer was taking photos of us against the railing.