Determing which terminal sailing from?

We have cruised a number of times, but never really had to think about which pier the ship was sailing from. I looked at the Tampa website and the page with the Cruise Schedule says that the Vision sails from Terminal 2. But when I look at their other page 'Facilities & Terminals' it says that RCI sails from Terminal 3. I checked on my reservation information on RCI and I can't find out which terminal I'm supposed to go to. I know I've read other people say 'We're supposed to go to terminal X, but last minute they changed to terminal Y. How does everyone know which terminal they are supposed to go to?

Thanx

Erika

When you arrive at the terminal you will see your ship. On the right side of the building is one ship and the left side of the building is another one. So you would enter the left or right doors depending upon which side your ship is on. Even if you are in doubt (we did not know either)...we just told our cab driver and he dropped us off in front of the proper doors. Tampa is a very small port, but holy cow....it was busy busy busy the day we arrived.

I usually go By that big White (or light blue) ship parked at the pier;)
Within the last few months someone did just that in Tampa. Unfortunately both the Vision and the Brilliance were in that same day. The passengers had not pre-printed their luggage tags, told the porter their cabin number and checked their luggage onto the WRONG ship. By the time they were attempting to register and found out they were supposed to be at the next pier, their luggage was no where to be found. They got their luggage eight days later:eek:. Confirm with the porter which ship he is handling!

Thom

Within the last few months someone did just that in Tampa. Unfortunately both the Vision and the Brilliance were in that same day. The passengers had not pre-printed their luggage tags, told the porter their cabin number and checked their luggage onto the WRONG ship. By the time they were attempting to register and found out they were supposed to be at the next pier, their luggage was no where to be found. They got their luggage eight days later:eek:. Confirm with the porter which ship he is handling!

Thom

HOLY COW......:eek: What rotten luck...but great point to always have your luggage tags.

We have cruised a number of times, but never really had to think about which pier the ship was sailing from. I looked at the Tampa website and the page with the Cruise Schedule says that the Vision sails from Terminal 2. But when I look at their other page 'Facilities & Terminals' it says that RCI sails from Terminal 3. I checked on my reservation information on RCI and I can't find out which terminal I'm supposed to go to. I know I've read other people say 'We're supposed to go to terminal X, but last minute they changed to terminal Y. How does everyone know which terminal they are supposed to go to?

Thanx

Erika

RCI does sail from terminal 3, but also terminal 2. Vision is usually at terminal 2, and Brilliance is usually at terminal 3.

Thom

When we dropped our bags at terminal 2 for Vision back in January, we were asked 3 times (2 traffic directors and the porter) which ship we were on. Just really bad luck that no one caught this.

When we dropped our bags at terminal 2 for Vision back in January, we were asked 3 times (2 traffic directors and the porter) which ship we were on. Just really bad luck that no one caught this.
This is one case when it is prudent to print out your luggage tags in "Color" as tags will different for each ship!

Thanx

Erika

Good luck I have found Royal to be unless when you asked them these kinds of questions. I have a cruise leaving from Singapore which has two terminal, I called Royal and asked them which terminal the ship was leaving from.... could not answer that simple questions 48 hours before it was set to leave.

So while waiting on the phone I went online found the answer through the terminal port log not Royal. But then waited just to see what Royal said. After 45 minutes total and several holds I was told they need to contact resolutions and have them get back to me.

I would suggest you check with the terminal itself and they will then tell you.