On the GEM now Easter week Any questions?

renata102

Can you advise if pizza delivery (with a choice of ingredients ?) is still offered 24/7 onboard and current price/surcharge - with 18% added or included already.

Also, looking for an updated O'Sheehans Menu (regular & late night limited ones) - just wanted to see if more changes are rolling out again (posting them afterward is fine)

TIA

If there were continuing problems with noro on this cruise we would have heard about it at length, I am confident of that. Folks on this forum can be counted on for that.

And yet Friday's "Let's Do Lunch" has been canceled due to "unforeseen circumstances" for the second week in a row. I have to think that the outbreak on board was the reason. I know these things happen, I'm just disappointed. I was looking forward to seeing her after the refit.:(

Verizon in San Juan is part of the domestic network

Call text use email....it will just go against your domestic plan not the travel plan you may have purchased for $40

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks!

And yet Friday's "Let's Do Lunch" has been canceled due to "unforeseen circumstances" for the second week in a row. I have to think that the outbreak on board was the reason. I know these things happen, I'm just disappointed. I was looking forward to seeing her after the refit.:(

I have not heard of lets do lunch can you explain what it is to me?

thanks

I have very good friends and family onboard. The Gem is fine and has been this whole week

Thanks for the info, I was just curious how things were going. If everything was back to normal. We sail on her April 11th.

Thanks for the info, I was just curious how things were going. If everything was back to normal. We sail on her April 11th.

We also were on this cruise. Restrictions were lifted the last night for dinner. We were told they have to go 72 hours without a noro case before restrictions are lifted....so we obviously had cases this cruise.

We also were on this cruise. Restrictions were lifted the last night for dinner. We were told they have to go 72 hours without a noro case before restrictions are lifted....so we obviously had cases this cruise.

Thanks for the update. How was your cruise? Where the seas kind to you and how was PR? Experience any mosquitoes at the islands

Would you be able to take a pic of the offerings at Maltings and Magnums? My SO and I love 3 things: bourbon, beer and bubbles :)

Darn. I passed it so many times br just kept forgetting. I was in island time lol.

Thanks for the update. How was your cruise? Where the seas kind to you and how was PR? Experience any mosquitoes at the islands

A tiny bit rough the first day or two. Pretty nice all around. No issues with mosquitos.

Loved all the islands. Not a great big fan of PR. but we spent a lot of time on beaches or snorkeling or on catamarans in all the islands. My favorite is and will always be ST thomas.

I did notice ketchup bottles and such back on the table the last day. I don't really eat at the buffet. But I did notice a few changes in main dining last dinner

If there were continuing problems with noro on this cruise we would have heard about it at length, I am confident of that. Folks on this forum can be counted on for that.

Sorry. I didn't have internet on the ship. Just in the islands with my sprint world plan.

I didn't see people I'll on the ship. It really looked fine.

Can you check on the Gem Mermaid in the bridge viewing room Deck 11 forward?

Is she still there? Does she look okay? Is she and her gold tower showered with charms passengers bring her (they present to officer or to Captain) for good luck in return?

I hope your week goes well!

coka:D

We loved to go to the bridge viewing room. The mermaid has all her charms and is well.

Are your kids happy to go? Thank you and have a great vacation!!

My 10 year old son didn't care for it. Very surprising.

My daughter is a teen and had some freedom on the ship. So she had no complaints with entourage

Enjoy the vacation! Do you have the ubp? I'm curious to know if the 400$ in fees is worth the limited amount of drinking we will do even with the "free" plan. Question being, how much for an average cocktail like white russian or mudslide?

I brought my own magnum wine. I also had a few mixed drinks. I paid the no frills price per person in an ocean view.

Can you advise if pizza delivery (with a choice of ingredients ?) is still offered 24/7 onboard and current price/surcharge - with 18% added or included already.

Also, looking for an updated O'Sheehans Menu (regular & late night limited ones) - just wanted to see if more changes are rolling out again (posting them afterward is fine)

TIA

We didn't order room service except for coffee in the morning

There was an updated and changed menu at o shennans. I personally didn't care for it. Idk why we didn't care for it. We basically ate in the main dining

Do you have the SDP? If you have a chance could you stop by the Sushi Bar and ask them what's going on with the $7 cover charge offered with the dining package?

In another review it was suggested that they are no longer honoring this on the Gem.

Thank you!

I had the no frills price. No added extras. My understanding was the a la cartel with UDP was 20% off

There was an updated and changed menu at o shennans. I personally didn't care for it. Idk why we didn't care for it. We basically ate in the main dining

Welcome home to NJ - we did the 10 days Caribbean run on the GEM in 2012 right after Sandy & loved the ship, the crew & did a similar one on CCL - far better than Florida & Bahamas.

Don't worry about the Pizza Q - it came up from another CC so I tried to pass it on & get an update, personally, we don't care for ship's so-called pizza on NCL. CCL ones were great - our twin nieces loved it & always run up late to the buffet to bring some back for us to snack on late night, LOL.

Another niece going on the Getaway in 3 weeks so I got "assignments" for them as we are going back on the BA next month to Bermuda - it's a a no-frills special & taking the 250 minute internet plan as our perk, not paying out more service charges ;) :rolleyes: into the blackhole (read your other post just now ... don't worry about the flaming, put on a fire retardant suit, some of us do it & immune to the poms poms)

OSH's menu has been streamlined & scaled back so much to be barebones, down to a basically tossed green salad & caesars salad - with fancy named sprinkled on top, and even the chicken pot pie is gone - that I can understand not caring for it ... at least, one won't starve on a cruise, LOL. We couldn't stand it because service was so slow and pathetic, both times when we sailed that I took up matters with the host on duty & gave my feedback post-cruise with the e-survey, being platinum isn't worth much these days, as you might not realize.

We are going to have fun regardless on the islands, DIY tours using local public transit - and, will enjoy our week away from the city. We eat in the MDR and will treat 2 of our friends to dinner in LeBistro, still our favorite with a - simplified - menu.

I might 've missed it - how was your CC Meet & Greet - good turnout or did you skip - our group was invited privately afterward for a tour of the bridge itself & photo with the captain/officer, that was real nice - the crew's seemed to be in a different mindset these days ... not clear (and, it can never be clear) how much this is a reflection of the changing corporate culture in the past year.

Once again, the updates were very helpful - and, much appreciated & obliged. Thanks !

Welcome home to NJ - we did the 10 days Caribbean run on the GEM in 2012 right after Sandy & loved the ship, the crew & did a similar one on CCL - far better than Florida & Bahamas.

Don't worry about the Pizza Q - it came up from another CC so I tried to pass it on & get an update, personally, we don't care for ship's so-called pizza on NCL. CCL ones were great - our twin nieces loved it & always run up late to the buffet to bring some back for us to snack on late night, LOL.

Another niece going on the Getaway in 3 weeks so I got "assignments" for them as we are going back on the BA next month to Bermuda - it's a a no-frills special & taking the 250 minute internet plan as our perk, not paying out more service charges ;) :rolleyes: into the blackhole (read your other post just now ... don't worry about the flaming, put on a fire retardant suit, some of us do it & immune to the poms poms)

OSH's menu has been streamlined & scaled back so much to be barebones, down to a basically tossed green salad & caesars salad - with fancy named sprinkled on top, and even the chicken pot pie is gone - that I can understand not caring for it ... at least, one won't starve on a cruise, LOL. We couldn't stand it because service was so slow and pathetic, both times when we sailed that I took up matters with the host on duty & gave my feedback post-cruise with the e-survey, being platinum isn't worth much these days, as you might not realize.

We are going to have fun regardless on the islands, DIY tours using local public transit - and, will enjoy our week away from the city. We eat in the MDR and will treat 2 of our friends to dinner in LeBistro, still our favorite with a - simplified - menu.

I might 've missed it - how was your CC Meet & Greet - good turnout or did you skip - our group was invited privately afterward for a tour of the bridge itself & photo with the captain/officer, that was real nice - the crew's seemed to be in a different mindset these days ... not clear (and, it can never be clear) how much this is a reflection of the changing corporate culture in the past year.

Once again, the updates were very helpful - and, much appreciated & obliged. Thanks !

First my post about service charge was deleted and no longer exist. What is wrong here?

Now on to business

O'sheenans now has a bigger menu. It was implemented on our sailing. Still not good

I missed the CC meeting. One thing led to another. I did wear my beads all day though

I loved the islands. Been to them a few times. ST thomas is always my favorite. I did cocki beach this time.

We did mullet bay and MAHO beach and we LOVED IT

We did the catamaran sail and snorkel to Norman island and fell in love with cataraman sand Tortola. We stayed local in PR. we took public busses and went to local beaches and ate some local PR food

We went to Sapphire Beach, ST last time & had a great time ... First time we went to Saint Martin, it was a public holiday & almost everything closed except the shops, bars & restaurants around the ships - need (want) to go back & see/enjoy more - plus, get over to the other side (French).

We typically don't plan far ahead and just kind of wing it, not last minute but ... cancelled the Gem's 10 days last Fall with all the rumored changes happening plus it was going to drydock - now that it's been refreshed, ship itself sounding great & we like the mid-sized ships vs. the mega monsters. Have this Fall's option on our "radar" to see if we wanted to do it - wait-n-see at the moment.

We loved the NCL crew - they worked as hard as they can be. As for the other post, well - someone cautioned it, then, bingo :eek: - vaporized. Well, let it be & go in peace. Among the rules here on CC, mod's absolute discretion & not for questioning. We signed up for our BA sailing's CC M&G, but might just skip it and do the complimentary BTS (Behind The Scene) tour, a shorter one for platinum members only - we've yet to see the BA's backstage & gallery, etc. ... Not sure if we are going to sail the BA for a 4th time in the near future.

Edited by mking8288

First my post about service charge was deleted and no longer exist. What is wrong here?

Now on to business

O'sheenans now has a bigger menu. It was implemented on our sailing. Still not good

I missed the CC meeting. One thing led to another. I did wear my beads all day though

I loved the islands. Been to them a few times. ST thomas is always my favorite. I did cocki beach this time.

We did mullet bay and MAHO beach and we LOVED IT

We did the catamaran sail and snorkel to Norman island and fell in love with cataraman sand Tortola. We stayed local in PR. we took public busses and went to local beaches and ate some local PR food

Thanks for answering my question above.

Your service charge post was probably deleted not because of your question but because of some snide remarks that were made.

Did you happen to take a picture of the new expanded O'Sheehan's menu that was implemented on your cruise? If so can you post it?