On the GEM now Easter week Any questions?

renata102

Of course I will be posting a review.

I got what I paid for and because of this I will say the cruise is going as expected. It's a cruise. Not the best. Not bad either.

We are in Puerto Rico now.

I will try to answer any questions while in us territories

Are restrictions lifted at the buffet? Are you allowed to serve yourself or are they serving you. salt and pepper shakers at table or gone.? Did you get any notices in your cabin regarding the previous cruise?

Are restrictions lifted at the buffet? Are you allowed to serve yourself or are they serving you. salt and pepper shakers at table or gone.? Did you get any notices in your cabin regarding the previous cruise?

I don't eat at the buffet in general. So I wouldn't know what restrictions look like.

Are there enough activities to keep us "YOUNG" seniors busy on our sea days? We prefer to keep busy rather than just lie at the pool all day.

I am with 2 kids and a senior

I found we r keeping busy all the time

Do you have the SDP? If you have a chance could you stop by the Sushi Bar and ask them what's going on with the $7 cover charge offered with the dining package?

In another review it was suggested that they are no longer honoring this on the Gem.

Thank you!

Enjoy the vacation! Do you have the ubp? I'm curious to know if the 400$ in fees is worth the limited amount of drinking we will do even with the "free" plan. Question being, how much for an average cocktail like white russian or mudslide?

Since it's Easter break are there a lot of children on board? Thinking of doing a similar cruise next year. Enjoy!

Well....this year NYC public schools decided to take April break around Passover and just take a few days at Easter

More to do with the timing of the February break and the early Easter so no religious overtones caused this

Parochial schools will have next week off and have been off since mid last week

However the gem is doing 10 day cruises now so yes there are kids onboard from mostly private non religious schools and parochial schools and from those tri state public schools....like my town....that did indeed take last week off and those kids did miss or will miss a day Or 2 of school due to it being 10 days

However this year the mid April cruise....the cruise that encompasses April 22 will have a significant increase in high school age and under kids....

Because NYC schools are off ( remember Brooklyn and queens have large numbers of kids) ....and of course the Connecticut schools which always that patriots day week off will be cruising

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Oh 2 more questions: What day is laundry bag day? And also per chance you have verizon cell? Is it free to use in san Juan?

Verizon in San Juan is part of the domestic network

Call text use email....it will just go against your domestic plan not the travel plan you may have purchased for $40

Enjoy the vacation! Do you have the ubp? I'm curious to know if the 400$ in fees is worth the limited amount of drinking we will do even with the "free" plan. Question being, how much for an average cocktail like white russian or mudslide?

In January I paid $23 for 2 mudslides. That included the 18%

Can you check on the Gem Mermaid in the bridge viewing room Deck 11 forward?

Is she still there? Does she look okay? Is she and her gold tower showered with charms passengers bring her (they present to officer or to Captain) for good luck in return?

I hope your week goes well!

coka:D

Can you check on the Gem Mermaid in the bridge viewing room Deck 11 forward?

Is she still there? Does she look okay? Is she and her gold tower showered with charms passengers bring her (they present to officer or to Captain) for good luck in return?

I hope your week goes well!

coka:D

It was there and covered with charms when we were on Gem, March 12-22.