3/26 AOS disembark - missing luggage

My thoughts exactly, maybe check the roll call, as well? It amazes me how anyone can take luggage and walk away without checking the tag first, especially plain, black luggage. My luggage looks like this and I fly home on a prop plane that holds maybe 50 people and I STILL check my tag.

k2-_6c581348-433a-447f-bb0e-209461b38d8d.v1.jpg

We bought a set of luggage with a wilder design than that (believe it). First cruise,wouldn't you know it,someone had the same set and took my large suitcase. I tracked him down waiting in line to get through customs. When I informed him he had my luggage,he didn't want to give it to me until I gave him his! I won the tug of war and let him go looking for his own. He lived on the East coast and I can't imagine what I would have to go thru to get it back(if ever) If he left with it!

Disembarking in Bayonne from Anthem in January, my husband's suitcase took a two hour adventure. We were group 4 (needed to get out of there ASAP to get to work), and they didn't find it until almost 9:30, it was such a terrible ending to a wonderful cruise!

Someone mentioned that they use the luggage tag holders(from Amazon) for their debarkation tags, are they the same size as the embarkation tags. I bought the holders for our embarkation tags but would like to know the size of the debarkation tags. This is our first sail on RC so not familiar with all their set ups yet. If anyone has a picture of one of debarkation tags, would appreciate it.

Thanks to everyone for all their tips..:)

Someone mentioned that they use the luggage tag holders(from Amazon) for their debarkation tags, are they the same size as the embarkation tags. I bought the holders for our embarkation tags but would like to know the size of the debarkation tags. This is our first sail on RC so not familiar with all their set ups yet. If anyone has a picture of one of debarkation tags, would appreciate it.

Thanks to everyone for all their tips..:)

The Amazon tags that I referenced earlier are wide enough for the departure tags, but not long enough. However a simple fold in the departure tag makes them fit in the holder, and also serves to make it harder for them to slide out.

Edited by clarea

we have plain black or dark navy blue luggage. And every single piece has the first letter of our last name painted on each side. Nobody can mistake ours for theirs (unless their last name starts with the same letter, but then they'd have to know they didn't paint that on there!). Plus we usually get too many departure tags so one goes on the handle but we entirely remove the backing on the other one and attach it flat to one side.

Thanks Clarea,

We will use the holders for the debarkations tags also. Here is another question but not actually referring to luggage. It's been awhile since we flew, I am in the process of gathering my items for my 3-1-1 bag but was a little concerned about my hairspray, it is a small small can but does it have to go into the checked luggage or could it go in the 3-1-1 bag in my carry on bag.. It is a aersol. Thanks for the help..;)

Thanks Clarea,

We will use the holders for the debarkations tags also. Here is another question but not actually referring to luggage. It's been awhile since we flew, I am in the process of gathering my items for my 3-1-1 bag but was a little concerned about my hairspray, it is a small small can but does it have to go into the checked luggage or could it go in the 3-1-1 bag in my carry on bag.. It is a aersol. Thanks for the help..;)

The 3 in 3-1-1 refers to 3 ounces or less. Aerosol is fine as long as it is 3 ounces or less. :)

Thanks Clarea,

Here are the rules:

https://www.tsa.gov/travel/security-screening/liquids-rule

:) OP here. Nice to report a happy ending to the story. RC located the bag and had it delivered to our home. Still locked and tagged. Thanks to all who shared their own experiences and ideas. Much appreciated!

Thanks for letting us know of your happy ending.

Heather.

Thanks CoralC and Clarea,

Thank you for the helpful information. There is so much a person has to research anymore to take a vacation and this website is so helpful.. My hairspray is a 3 oz can but was a little concerned about it being aersol. I would prefer driving to our cruise but timing isn't right plus absolutely would not want to drive around Ft Lauderdale. But again Thanks to everyone who has helped us cruise dummies with information and tips..;)