Journeys 10 day cruise

Elmo31

One day will be an 80's throwback day. 80's themed trivia, games from the 80's (getting as many balls in your bathing suit, frog races, horse races). Photo in 80's costumes. That night, there will be a midnight buffet in the dining room. The room opens about 1/2 hour earlier for pictures.

Other than the 1 day, the rest of the cruise will be like any other cruise.

We did a 10 day and an 11 day Journeys cruise and I agree with the other poster, other than the 80's throw back sea day not much difference at all.

There were locals playing at some ports on the docks when you get off of the ship, that was different but nothing to write home about.

Some ports are ones that Carnival rarely go to.

IMHO, I thought the Journeys cruises would be more of the olden days, at least that is how Carnival stated it would be when they first advertised them. I was very disappointed.

On our Journey cruises they also had crafts held each sea day at 9am (and very good all inclusive kits). There was a "crew connections" series where you got to speak with the crew or interact with the crew - they had a galley tour, they had a glee club (crew and passengers) and at the end they had a 50's show where the glee club sang and there was an Elvis contest.

They had a local chef come onboard and give a talk as well.

There were more "different" activities listed in the funtimes then on a regular cruise.

On the 80's throwback sea day there were lots of activities through the day and the activities staff dressed up. As well, there was a true Captain's Celebration with free drinks and appetizers and a chance to get your picture taken with the Captain.

There was often local musicians playing either outside the ship or on the Lido deck during some of the port stops.

Edited by meatloafsfan

On our Journey cruises they also had crafts held each sea day at 9am (and very good all inclusive kits). There was a "crew connections" series where you got to speak with the crew or interact with the crew - they had a galley tour, they had a glee club (crew and passengers) and at the end they had a 50's show where the glee club sang and there was an Elvis contest.

They had a local chef come onboard and give a talk as well.

There were more "different" activities listed in the funtimes then on a regular cruise.

On the 80's throwback sea day there were lots of activities through the day and the activities staff dressed up. As well, there was a true Captain's Celebration with free drinks and appetizers and a chance to get your picture taken with the Captain.

There was often local musicians playing either outside the ship or on the Lido deck during some of the port stops.

We would like to try one but waiting for one that is a closed loop to avoid flying.

On our journey cruise this year the percentage of older/retired cruisers seemed higher than other Carnival cruises I have taken.

The first half of the Pride Journey cruise (the one that left from Baltimore) was a much older cruiser group. However, it did seem that those who boarded in San Juan (second half) were much younger and it brought the median age down substantially.

Has anyone done a journeys cruise? What are the differences from a regular cruise? I know they are 9+ days but other than that what should I expect?

I'm wondering the same thing. I'm booked on an 11 Day Journeys cruise on the Vista and would love to know how they're different from any other cruise. I know (or I think) they have an 80s Throwback Sea Day but I'm not sure what else they do. Not really sure what they do for Throwback day either but I'm sure it'll be fun (after all, they are the "Fun Ships")!! :D

We would like to try one but waiting for one that is a closed loop to avoid flying.

The Miracle does round trip Journeys cruises from Long Beach (Los Angeles). Just off the 13 day Mexican one. She does several yearly to Hawaii (15 days).

How many elegant nights on an 11 day journey cruise?

Do they repeat menus or are there new menus after night 7 or 8?

The longest Carnival Cruise we have been on was 8 nights.

Two CE Nights, one '80s night.

Menus do not repeat. The Indian does not repeat. The everyday repeats as does the Steakhouse selections.

The hot line in the buffet repeats some menus at least once a cruise. Surprisingly, the Peruvian is very good.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I'm wondering the same thing. I'm booked on an 11 Day Journeys cruise on the Vista and would love to know how they're different from any other cruise. I know (or I think) they have an 80s Throwback Sea Day but I'm not sure what else they do. Not really sure what they do for Throwback day either but I'm sure it'll be fun (after all, they are the "Fun Ships")!! :D

On the Miracle they held a Captains party, Midnight Buffet, photog backdrops. Think there were other things but I don't remember what else.

On the Miracle they held a Captains party, Midnight Buffet, photog backdrops. Think there were other things but I don't remember what else.

We do miss the old style captains party where we are presented to the capt.

Ok gives me an idea what to expect. How many formal nights on a 10 day?thanks everyone for the great info:)

I did a B2B (21 nights) Journey cruises on the Triumph last Oct. There are 2 Elegant nights and 1 Formal night.

Edited by crzndeb