Web site

silver service

The website is working again now. However on each cruise itinerary, the ports of call are repeated over and over and over. Example:

Southampton, Southampton, Southampton, Southampton, Southampton, New York, New York, New York, New York, New York, Newport, Newport, Newport, Newport, Newport, Boston, Boston, Boston, Boston, Boston, Sydney Ns, Sydney Ns, Sydney Ns, Sydney Ns, Sydney Ns, Quebec, Quebec, Quebec, Quebec, Quebec, Quebec, Quebec, Quebec, Quebec, Quebec, Quebec, Quebec, Quebec, Quebec, Quebec, Saguenay, Saguenay, Saguenay, Saguenay, Saguenay, Gaspe, Gaspe, Gaspe, Gaspe, Gaspe, Halifax, Halifax, Halifax, Halifax, Halifax, New York, New York, New York, New York, New York, Southampton

:D

Edit: Spoke too soon

We are updating our system

Thank you for visiting Ask Cunard. We are currently busy updating our site with new features for your enjoyment. Please bear with us, we will hopefully be back with you shortly.

Edited by Ray66

I have my fingers crossed, but Cunard's U.S. web site finally appears to be functioning once again. However, I am seeing itineraries in the search results like Ray reported earlier where each port is repeated multiple times. So everything is not entirely back to normal yet.

I spoke too soon. My latest attempts to access various pages on Cunard's U.S. web site have met with

Sorry we're having problems

We're having technical problems with our website at present and apologise for the inconvenience. We're working hard to fix the problem.

and the now all too familiar message

Error 500 - Internal Server Error

There's a problem with our server, but don't worry - we're looking into it.

Come back and visit us soon.

Moments ago on Cunard's US website, trying to access anything other than the main page...

"Error 500 - Internal Server Error

Come back and visit us soon."

Righto.

Edited to add: Oops, duplicate of what John just posted (sorry).

Edited by Salacia

Moments ago on Cunard's US website, trying to access anything other than the main page...

"Error 500 - Internal Server Error

Come back and visit us soon."

Righto.

Edited to add: Oops, duplicate of what John just posted (sorry).

No problem, Salacia. Unlike Cunard's web site which most certainly is a problem at the moment and has been a problem for far too many days now.

Regards,

John.

In this day and age a major commercial booking website being down is pretty pathetic and management (wherever that actually is these days) should step forward and bear responsibility.

Maybe now we know why they've been loathe to change itineraries; who thought moving the QV from a world cruise in 2018 to the circum. S.America express would be so difficult. Figuring out where those ports are and which ones they are going to sell and which ones they're planning to skip is just too confusing.

Or, maybe their system has been taken hostage via ransomware and the bean counters refuse to pay up.;).

In all seriousness, I would hope they are going to roll out something much improved which justifies the downtime. And please, no multiple sliding bars to set excursion preferences like: Walking, some walking, no walking.

Still down in Australia. Not that Cunard allows us to access much in the way of future bookings these days anyway.

Still waiting on those 2017 sailings promised on March 10th!

Have you got any travel agents websites you can find the 2017 sailings? That's where I got mine from. If you want to know a particular month or ship, let us know. I have the complete 2017 saved on my computer.

Posted on Cunard's website 2 hours ago:

Good afternoon. As you may be aware some guests are currently experiencing problems accessing our website. Our IT team are working hard to fix this issue and we will update you as soon as we are back up and running. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused.

quoted from https://www.facebook.com/cunard

Posted on Cunard's website 2 hours ago:

Good afternoon. As you may be aware some guests are currently experiencing problems accessing our website. Our IT team are working hard to fix this issue and we will update you as soon as we are back up and running. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused.

quoted from https://www.facebook.com/cunard

Thanks, Salacia.

I don't want to jinx anything like I did yesterday, but the web site has been working for me for the last hour or so. And the itineraries in the voyage search results no longer repeat each port multiple times. Dare I hope that the web site is finally working? Time will tell. I will keep my eye on the Cunard facebook page for further announcements.

Edit: Wouldn't you know, as soon as I posted this, further attempts to access the site produce this message once again:

Sorry we're having problems

We're having technical problems with our website at present and apologise for the inconvenience. We're working hard to fix the problem.

Regards,

John.

Edited by bluemarble

Apart from the Cunard website being down more often than up an running as of late, what worries me is the fact that I and my fellow passengers have a great deal of personal data stored on the Cunard website: names, addresses, ages, passport numbers, emergency contacts, billing information, etc. - all that good stuff stored on Voyage Personalizer for easy accesses once we log on - if we could long on.

So my question is how secure is our personal data on a website that has continuous "server problems"?

Salacia

I see Cunard still managed to try and pull an April's Fool today - as if!

There's no pulling the wool over our Cunarders' eyes! This morning's announcement that Queen Mary 2 was to receive a vibrant new all-green livery for her hull and superstructure was indeed an April Fool's joke.

12472459_10154140278573223_3671473860744395753_n.jpg?oh=d84dd6fbe005d994237befc77650c3f0&oe=5793FE95