Flying from Boston Logan airport returning to Boston cruise terminal where to park?

VernaF7449

Hi. I'm taking a transatlantic cruise so we are flying out of Logan then docking in Boston cruise terminal at the end. We live in Western Massachusetts so need to drive in. Assuming I can't find a friend to drive us, what are the best option(s) for long term parking convenient to both locations? I normally park at Preflight when I fly from Logan. I was thinking of parking there, and at the end of the cruise we can get cab to Logan then shuttle to parking lot.

Any other suggestions? Thanks in advance b

Verna

Hi, There are perhaps several choices you may want to explore; 1) Park your car at the economy long term parking garage, it's just up the street from the main terminal. I have used this parking option several times and it offers more affordable rates and is easily accessible using Logan's free shuttle service (continuous shuttle service every 15 minutes or so). 2) Another possible option is parking at the Black Falcon Cruise Terminal garage which is at the pier where you will be arriving. Not sure if you have ever sailing FROM Boston and are familiar with the parking garage. They offer discount weekly rates for those passengers (last summer was $112 for the week) sailing round trip from Boston. Not sure if they could accomadate you or would have a discount rate for arriving passengers only. I would call them to find out. EDIC garage (Black Falcaon Terminal) at (617)482-2487. Obviously you'll need to find a way to the airport (at the beginning of your trip as opposed to the end). There's additional information about parking at the Boston's Massport website: https://www.massport.com/. Good luck and enjoy your trip. Steve

Edited by Supercharged86

Not sure of your exact dates, so you'll have to crunch the numbers and figure out the best $$.

The parking garage, EDIC property, adjacent to the cruise port, has regular rates and cruise specific rates. Given that you'll be flying out of BOS, another option might be using Logan Express from one of their sites - parking usually runs about $7 per day. Use their LEX bus to BOS. However, you'll also have to factor in a return trip to pick up your car. Maybe Silver line back to Logan and take the LEX bus back to whatever Express site you park at. Sounds a bit complicated, but it's also a $$$ issue when parking long-term.

Whenever we fly or cruise, we always use Braintree Logan Express for parking and travel to the airport. Once I'm on the bus I feel the vacation has started, and I know the car is secure.

Darcy

Thanks all! I was also thinking about using Logan express and park in Framingham (or Natick wherever it is now?) and take the bus in to Logan. O may be able to have a friend drop us off at LEX site. I will need to factor in how much luggage we have. This is not until August 2017 so I have time!

Thanks all! I was also thinking about using Logan express and park in Framingham (or Natick wherever it is now?) and take the bus in to Logan. O may be able to have a friend drop us off at LEX site. I will need to factor in how much luggage we have. This is not until August 2017 so I have time!

It's back in Framingham -- they moved it to Natick while they built the garage, but that was only temporary. The place is completely different now!

Logan and Black Falcon are close enough together that the easiest thing might just be to hop in a cab between them. Bear in mind that by August 2017 the tunnel will be tolled in both directions, not just when leaving the airport. (One would hope they'll halve the toll as a result, but... this is Massachusetts we're talking about.)

Following this and looking for same info. We are flying from Boston mid Aug 2016 and return mid Sept on TA cruise. Was hoping our daughter could transport us from CT. but will be her vaca when we leave and "has to work" when we return. Vera we are doing the TA this year.

Edited by July4

It's back in Framingham -- they moved it to Natick while they built the garage, but that was only temporary. The place is completely different now!

Logan and Black Falcon are close enough together that the easiest thing might just be to hop in a cab between them. Bear in mind that by August 2017 the tunnel will be tolled in both directions, not just when leaving the airport. (One would hope they'll halve the toll as a result, but... this is Massachusetts we're talking about.)

Thanks. I should have checked myself that the Logan express lot was back in Framingham.. . I did not hear about the tunnel tolls either

Following this and looking for same info. We are flying from Boston mid Aug 2016 and return mid Sept on TA cruise. Was hoping our daughter could transport us from CT. but will be her vaca when we leave and "has to work" when we return. Vera we are doing the TA this year.

I'm on Serenade TA in 2017 is that what you are doing this year?

If Amtrak service was better from Springfield to Boston I'd consider that. I won't do the Peter Pan bus! Car service is at least $250 each way from western MA.

I did not hear about the tunnel tolls either

Yes, it's one of these things that they're not exactly shouting from the rooftops but it's there in all the planning documents about the conversion to all-electronic tolling. This article mentions it in passing (you can guarantee that if they're putting a toll on the Callahan, they're putting it on the eastbound Ted too).