Harmony Single...Am I doing something wrong?

The Harmony as well as the Symphony are not pricing Single rooms correctly in my opinion. You would be better off just doing an inside room. Besides I have seen the single rooms and they are lower in the ship along the side near the ice skating area. They are under public areas and seems to me a bit noisier. NCL is the only cruise line that does it right. They put the singles up in the ship in the middle and create a hallway as well as the lounge. Do NOT BE FOOLED BY RCI single rooms. I had one on the Anthem and it was next to a door of room with balcony. Doors slamming made my head board move. Also I had a 3/4 bed that was like a cot with very thin mattress. I would say just get a regular inside room and you will be much happier. The Radiance class is putting solo rooms in but only 3-4 and they are off the entrance to dining area. RCI is sticking these solo rooms in areas most folks would not like to be in. good luck

I have studio balcony cabins booked for most of my cruises,when I have booked they were always about $1000 less than a regular balcony for a solo. i have been lucky in the past, and have been able to upgrade my studio balcony to a regulary balcony for little to no cost after final payment.

Even booking a regular DO-D8 balcony solo, I have never paid 200%. Most of the time it's between 150% and 175%, at least on Anthem.

I've seen it where a solo cruiser gets a better deal paying the single supplement for a regular inside room than they do paying for the solo studio. It was on a different line but still. If the price for 2 people is cheaper, just book the regular room instead. It's probably because there are more regular rooms than studios available.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi, was looking to book Harmony from FL in April 2018. I'm a solo cruiser and was shocked to see a price of $2800, when two travelers cost $1800. Did I do something wrong or is this how it goes?

:confused:

I strongly suggest that you go to a website for cruises as opposed to using Royal's site. I know someone who found a Harmony studio ov priced at more than $400 less than Royal's website.

I checked the 4 possible sailings in April 2018 and only the 4/14 sailing was priced at over $3,000 for the studio oceanview. If that is the date you want, you can book a standard oceanview for more than $1,000 less.

The other 3 sailing dates in April 2018 had studio oceanview ranging from $1,550 to $1,675.

• 5 months later...

I just booked an oceanview solo cabin on the HOTS for September 2019 and my cost was only $1095 for the cabin and that is complete with port charges and other fees...I thought i got an excellent deal..so with my $250 deposit, my balance for the cruise is only $827...

• 2 months later...
Hi, was looking to book Harmony from FL in April 2018. I'm a solo cruiser and was shocked to see a price of $2800, when two travelers cost $1800. Did I do something wrong or is this how it goes?

:confused:

I'm actually on Harmony April 28 .. I paid 1600 and just got a refund for 200 .. this is for a studio cabin. Not quite sure why you were quoted 3000

• 2 weeks later...
Yes, it is for the solo cruise cabins....you know the closets...LOL

I thought Royal was doing what Norweigen did with there solo cabins. I have a BIG problem booking a solo cabin, 98 sq ft, for almost $3000. It is actually paying for 3. If I recall the rate is 890/person, which I know would be around 1800. Something cant be right. :eek: .....

Be Careful. Often NCL Studios cost more than solo inside staterooms. All depends on demand and timing. Some people go into a reservation "I want a studio" and don't pay attention to other prices,. They end up paying more because they just don't know.

I just booked an oceanview solo cabin on the HOTS for September 2019 and my cost was only $1095 for the cabin and that is complete with port charges and other fees...I thought i got an excellent deal..so with my $250 deposit, my balance for the cruise is only $827...

That is a really good price, my December 2019 cruise was $1235 Canadian total (after $100 TA voucher) for my studio ocean view.

I'm actually on Harmony April 28 .. I paid 1600 and just got a refund for 200 .. this is for a studio cabin. Not quite sure why you were quoted 3000[/quote

The OP originally posted almost 2 years ago, so prices could have changed since then. I have noticed before on their flaky website, that the solo cabins are showing up more expensive than a regular cabin.

I personally like getting the double points as a solo, which you don’t get if sailing in a studio cabin.

Edited by crzndeb