0% financing offer for Carnival

jimneda

Just a heads up, I saw this offer on email today:

Here's a new offer to receive a 0% Promotional APR for 6 months on Carnival cruise bookings purchased with your AAdvantage® Aviator™ Red MasterCard® from 04/01/16 to 05/15/16. At the end of the 6 month promotional period, your standard purchase APR, 25.24V%, will apply.

Of course, I booked my cruise less than 2 weeks prior to seeing this!

Just a heads up, I saw this offer on email today:

Here's a new offer to receive a 0% Promotional APR for 6 months on Carnival cruise bookings purchased with your AAdvantage® Aviator™ Red MasterCard® from 04/01/16 to 05/15/16. At the end of the 6 month promotional period, your standard purchase APR, 25.24V%, will apply.

Of course, I booked my cruise less than 2 weeks prior to seeing this!

No big deal.

Okay, I am tired but am I missing something? Carnival allows you to pay off your cruise with no interest. If you book your cruise and don't have it paid in the 6 months time you APR is 25.24% OMG. That is crazy. And we all know how easy it is to make minimum payments on a Credit Card. I don't want to think about what that cruise could end up costing.

If you book your cruise and don't have it paid in the 6 months time you APR is 25.24% OMG. That is crazy. And we all know how easy it is to make minimum payments on a Credit Card. I don't want to think about what that cruise could end up costing.

Exactly, and when the kids are ready to head for college and ask what happened to their college fund their parents can remind them of the fun they had on their Carnival cruise when they were little.

Okay, I am tired but am I missing something? Carnival allows you to pay off your cruise with no interest. If you book your cruise and don't have it paid in the 6 months time you APR is 25.24% OMG. That is crazy. And we all know how easy it is to make minimum payments on a Credit Card. I don't want to think about what that cruise could end up costing.

That's why we book when we do, we make payments until final payment date at 0%:).

Thanks OP for posting. Obviously this offer isn't for everyone but if a family was planning a summer cruise, this offer would allow them to make interest free payments inside the final payment date.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You could also buy your gift cards online through eBay and check out with PayPal Credit. Purchases over $100 get 0% APR for 6 months. I buy mine discounted so I come out way ahead anyway and I don't put anything on a cc. If I get the deal like yesterday I pay off my PPC as soon as it hits the account. I keep getting the gift cards as they come available. I know I'll use them eventually and they don't expire.

Actually paying for a cruise with 0% interest for 6 months and leaving the money in an interest bearing account until the end of

the 6 month term could be considered a wise financial decision.

So now we are going to finance our cruises????

At 0%, why not? It's not complicated.

http://www.investopedia.com/terms/t/timevalueofmoney.asp

Even if you pay your CC balance in full each month, you are still "financing" your purchases at 0% during the grace period. You can view the offer above as simply a 6 month grace period.

Edited by Cruise, J.D.

Actually paying for a cruise with 0% interest for 6 months and leaving the money in an interest bearing account until the end of

the 6 month term could be considered a wise financial decision.

I'll try not to spend that $0.12 all in one place! LOL!!

Actually the smartest thing to do is buy Gift Cards at 10-20% off. No account that us common folk have pays that kind of dividend!

Edited by firemanbobswife

I am not here to tell anyone how best to pay for their cruise. Some have the financial means to pay in full at booking, others save up for the deposit and then pay it off to Carnival. Still others use the gift card method or Tax refunds. I don't even think the 6 months interest free CC is necessarily a bad deal. My concern was the APR after the initial 0% period. 25%!!!! That was my concern. I know there are card out there with lower interest rates.

Actually the smartest thing to do is buy Gift Cards at 10-20% off. No account that us common folk have pays that kind of dividend!

We have vacation funds auto transferred from our main account to another account twice a month. Whenever we see a trip we want to take, we use the card from our vacation Acct and pay in full. I'd never put a vacation on a credit card but to each their own.

We have vacation funds auto transferred from our main account to another account twice a month. Whenever we see a trip we want to take, we use the card from our vacation Acct and pay in full. I'd never put a vacation on a credit card but to each their own.

I don't put mine on credit cards either, but whatever people do is up to them. It's their vacation and they can spend money how they want to.

I am a total bargain hunter so I get the gift cards discounted. For me it makes the most sense as I am saving a significant amount of money. 10-20% off my cruise is awesome in my opinion. I then take the money that I have set aside (in my pretty much nonexistent interest bearing account) and pay off the GC purchase. No muss, no fuss, no interest paid and some extra Cha-Ching in my pocket.

But again, do what works best for you. There's no right or wrong answer.

Actually why not do both. I certainly wouldn't discount the value in those gift cards. A thing to consider with money tied into gift cards...if you aren't going to use the value on the cards within a reasonable time then your money isn't working for you. Lastly if you earning just $0.12 over a 6 month period of time in interest you may want to consider a different financial institution.

Hopefully anyone who uses it will figure out how much they need to pay every month to have it paid off before the interest free period is up.

Actually why not do both. I certainly wouldn't discount the value in those gift cards. A thing to consider with money tied into gift cards...if you aren't going to use the value on the cards within a reasonable time then your money isn't working for you. Lastly if you earning just $0.12 over a 6 month period of time in interest you may want to consider a different financial institution.

Won't be changing Financial Institutions. I already have no fees and other perks, so nope. OK $0.12 might be an exaggeration, but it's not far off. I cruise cheap and $500 isn't going to make much of anything anywhere so.......