Are very small travel fans allowed onboard?

Thanks Clarea! Although now I am even more confused, LOL. It seems that most who bring a fan do not get them taken away but some do and there is no rhyme nor reason to it. Hmmm...guess it doesn't hurt to try!

Thanks Clarea! Although now I am even more confused, LOL. It seems that most who bring a fan do not get them taken away but some do and there is no rhyme nor reason to it. Hmmm...guess it doesn't hurt to try!

My take on the situation is you have a better chance with a battery operated fan

We brought a small fan last cruise as well without problems. I don't see anything in the rules that prohibited it.

Agree with this! I always take one, and have never seen it on a prohibited items list.

• 3 months later...

I had my small electric fan confiscated from my checked luggage on my recent Explorer of the Seas Alaskan Cruise. However, my wife's fan (identical) went through her checked luggage without any problem. Go figure!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We keep our ac at 68 degrees at night and have a ceiling fan going. I like the cold air moving so I always bring a small electric fan with me. It clips on and also has a stand. Never had a problem.

Even though many seem to get away with it, there is the chance of getting one confiscated if it plugs in. But there are ones that are battery operated and then are recharged using USB. Such as this one

https://www.amazon.com/Sunhiker-Rechargeable-Electric-powered-Backpacking-F168/dp/B00VT18QOG?ie=UTF8&*Version*=1&*entries*=0

Edit: Of course the one I give as an example is unavailable. :)

Edited by PCWalton1

I know for a fact that you can't take plug in fans on Voyager as they are considered dangerous to yourself and your fellow passengers. I always find it useful to take a quick look at the confiscated items people need to collect from Security on disembarking to get an idea of what isn't allowed on board.