Revised itinerary now that Turkey ports are dropped - when?

BillK400

As it now appears that ports in Turkey are being dropped (terrorism warnings) by HA I am wondering when we can expect to get notice of a revised itinerary with the replacement ports? We are on the Eurodam out of Venice on 6/10 and had two ports in Turkey, Istanbul (main reason we chose this cruises) for an overnight stop and Kusadasi. As we will need to change our shore excursion plans I would like to get notice as soon as possible to make new arrangement in the replacement ports (hope they are interesting ports).

Thanks!

I have just had this reply from HAL, as we are cruising on the Eurodam May 6 out of Venice heading for Istanbul "Hi Christine! Please know that Holland America Line monitors and analyzes information regarding safety and security from many sources, which includes liaising with government intelligence agencies and on-the-ground port security assessments. The information is correct that the ms Prinsendam’s itinerary was altered out of an abundance of caution. Turkey remains a popular choice with our guests and at this time, we have not determined changes to other upcoming itineraries. Upon doing so, we will notify all guests at time a decision is made. The safety and security of our guests is our top priority."

Chris

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

As it now appears that ports in Turkey are being dropped (terrorism warnings) by HA I am wondering when we can expect to get notice of a revised itinerary with the replacement ports? We are on the Eurodam out of Venice on 6/10 and had two ports in Turkey, Istanbul (main reason we chose this cruises) for an overnight stop and Kusadasi. As we will need to change our shore excursion plans I would like to get notice as soon as possible to make new arrangement in the replacement ports (hope they are interesting ports).

Thanks!

Where did you get this information? There has been plenty of chatter and as I'm on a cruise where Turkey is a port stop have been paying close attention to the alerts. I haven't seen it officially posted on the HAL site, some cruise lines have dropped Turkey but HAL was not on the list.

Where did you get this information? There has been plenty of chatter and as I'm on a cruise where Turkey is a port stop have been paying close attention to the alerts. I haven't seen it officially posted on the HAL site, some cruise lines have dropped Turkey but HAL was not on the list.

I put post on HAL's facebook page and that is the answer I got.

Chris

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks!

Bill - We are also on this cruise and I have been wondering the same as you. I was just on the app Ship Mate where they list information about cruises and itineraries. For our cruise, it now shows us arriving to Istanbul on day 7 at 7:00 AM and staying there until 4:00 PM. It now shows day 6 as completely a day at sea. Makes me thing HAL has already decided we won't be doing an overnight in Istanbul as originally planned. It is still showing us in Kusadasi on day 9. I'm really curious to know what will happen. I know that Prinsendam is supposed to be in Kusadasi tomorrow, so it will be interesting to see if she still goes as planned.

I contacted HAL by email and got the same response as Chris posted above.

Alissa

• 2 weeks later...

Still no word from HA. I guess we will have to hold off on making private excursions in Turkey. It will be interesting what ports the ship actually makes in Turkey on the up coming cruises (prior to our cruise of 6/10) that also have Turkey on the itinerary.

Still no word from HA. I guess we will have to hold off on making private excursions in Turkey. It will be interesting what ports the ship actually makes in Turkey on the up coming cruises (prior to our cruise of 6/10) that also have Turkey on the itinerary.

Bill

I booked a couple of Tours in Turkey. One did not require a deposit. The other deposit is fully refundable with 24 hour notice. So there are still options available for those of us who don't want to book at the last minute.

Bill

I booked a couple of Tours in Turkey. One did not require a deposit. The other deposit is fully refundable with 24 hour notice. So there are still options available for those of us who don't want to book at the last minute.

Thanks, I realize that some private tours do not require a deposit / have a policy of refund if notified within 24 hrs prior, but I think I will wait till about 30 days prior to sailing to see if anything concrete happens regarding the ports in Turkey. If nothing firm I will go ahead and make the reservations; if not for the uncertainty I would have already booked the shore excursions.

Bill - We are also on this cruise and I have been wondering the same as you. I was just on the app Ship Mate where they list information about cruises and itineraries. For our cruise, it now shows us arriving to Istanbul on day 7 at 7:00 AM and staying there until 4:00 PM. It now shows day 6 as completely a day at sea. Makes me thing HAL has already decided we won't be doing an overnight in Istanbul as originally planned. It is still showing us in Kusadasi on day 9. I'm really curious to know what will happen. I know that Prinsendam is supposed to be in Kusadasi tomorrow, so it will be interesting to see if she still goes as planned.

I contacted HAL by email and got the same response as Chris posted above.

Alissa

I really like Ship Mate, but they are not always up-to-date on the schedule changes (based on my next cruise). I reference the HA site for the latest posted itinerary.

We are going. On May 6 as well .Have. Not heard anything official re Turkey yet but Im not surprised if they do cancel ..boohoo ....I really wanted to visit Istanbul but we all know its not safe lately

But

I. Wish they wouldmake other stops ....Crete ..or Malta

I heard last group went to Troy

Not booking anything in Turkey or prepayingbetter to wait

Michele

We are going. On May 6 as well .Have. Not heard anything official re Turkey yet but Im not surprised if they do cancel ..boohoo ....I really wanted to visit Istanbul but we all know its not safe lately

But

I. Wish they wouldmake other stops ....Crete ..or Malta

I heard last group went to Troy

Not booking anything in Turkey or prepayingbetter to wait

Michele

Troy is in Turkey. The port is Canakkale.

There will be thousands of Aussies and Kiwis in that area next week for Anzac Day. There will be extra security so perhaps it will be deemed safe for the cruise ships. I haven't seen anything about the Koningsdam cancelling its stops in Turkey this week.

If Kongifsdam goes ...we just might too .Istanbul is on my bucket list ...as I really EnjoyedKusadasi twice ..would love to wander thebazaar and all great sites ....however nevous about it .because of past bombings

Wait and see

Michele

Indeed Koningsdam docked in Kusadasi today, so no schedule change.

Fantastic! Istanbul was the primary reason we booked this cruise so I am guardedly optimistic that we will hit both ports in Turkey on our 6/10 Eurodam cruise from Venice. Have to be realistic (I know, no fun!) that things may change with the state of world affairs and the ISIS problems in the region. I will still wait till mid May to schedule our excursions for Turkey.

Greatgope all goes well

Wewould like to goto onnext trip

Turkey is at the top of my list of favorite countries to visit. I really like the smaller towns or cities like Kusadasi or Alanya. Istanbul was fine but a bit populous for my taste. The ship's mooring location is perfect for walking to the Grand Bazaar and the other major tourist locations nearby.