Nassau - Beach Question

Smitty815

Has anyone just taken a water taxi/regular taxi from the cruise port to a beach? We are looking for a nice beach to go to for the day, and I figure it would be cheaper to take a taxi than to take a RC excursion.

I will be going there on the April 30th Oasis Cruise

Any help is appreciated!

Has anyone just taken a water taxi/regular taxi from the cruise port to a beach? We are looking for a nice beach to go to for the day, and I figure it would be cheaper to take a taxi than to take a RC excursion.

Any help is appreciated!

You can walk to Junkanoo Beach.

A nicer beach would be Cable Beach, using the taxi or #10 bus.

Check out the Ports of Call forum too, for more ideas:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=58

Any help is appreciated!

We go to British Colonial Hilton. They offer a beach package,, $60.00 per person, but includes 40,00 per person food and drink voucher.. They have pool, lounge chairs, and towels. We love it.. email me for more detail...

We go to British Colonial Hilton. They offer a beach package,, $60.00 per person, but includes 40,00 per person food and drink voucher.. They have pool, lounge chairs, and towels. We love it.. email me for more detail...

Is this also walking distance from the ship?

My recollection is just before McDonald's on the other side of the street.

I remember a large hotel near there, but I thought it was undergoing a renovation the last time we were there.

I remember a large hotel near there, but I thought it was undergoing a renovation the last time we were there.

British Colonial Hilton 'a stones throw away" :) This was taken from the bridge wing on Oasis

We plan on going there later this month when on Oasis. First time visit to this beach/hotel for us.

16508291138_ef0e505a9c_c.jpg

British Colonial Hilton 'a stones throw away" :) This was taken from the bridge wing on Oasis

We plan on going there later this month when on Oasis. First time visit to this beach/hotel for us.

Thank-you Emmy. The photo helps, this is the building I thought was being renovated.

Thank-you Emmy. The photo helps, this is the building I thought was being renovated.

You are welcome Bob. I plan on doing the day pass there but have not booked ahead of time. Hoping they will take a walk in. :) Waiting to see what the weather is like that day.

This has been our favorite place to go in Nassau. It is an easy walk from the terminal and no local beach peddlers.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Take the #10 bus for $1.25 each way to the Melia, formerly the Sheraton. The bus, if you can find it, is a fun trip in itself, and the Melia is on beautiful Cable Beach. Across the street, is the Daquiri Shop, making the best $5 daquiris in Nassau!

It should be distance wise. This is the beach that is home to the port webcam. It shows the beach for about 15 seconds till the webcam loads. I've walked this area a few times, it seems safe, but lots of traffic.

16508291138_ef0e505a9c_c.jpg

Have you walked it? Its definitely walking distance, but somewhat precarious because of traffic. (I only went partially that way when a previous tour left us off not far from there)

We walked without a problem. It is past Señor Frogs. We have also been to Cable Beach via #10 bus to the Melia. It was nice but you can't beat the convenience of walking to British Colonial. The ride back from the Melia was long due to traffic.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We have taken a taxi to Cabbage Beach on Paradise Island. (Google it). We spent some time there then walked to Atlantis, bought an ice cream and looked around the property then caught a cab back to the ship from the hotel. We brought beach towels from home which came in handy.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I couldn't find your email and I can't seem to figure out how to compose a private message :(

My only question is if the $40.00 food and drink voucher covers the full cost of a meal or not? Obviously if you order a load of food it wouldn't, but would it cover the cost of say a steak and potato?

Thanks!!

• 4 weeks later...

We will be docked on June 4 or 5 and I read your positive comment. We are arriving around 12:30. What are the chances of finding a shady spot?

Thanks

Sylvia