just love these "deals"

I saw the same thing. When I selected the link to view the details of the price, taxes and fees per person, the gratuities are added to the price of the cruise.

There is nothing free about that.

The gratuities will be added but then the amount will come off as OBC. I price-adjusted for this deal yesterday, and that's what the RCI rep said. However, because we already paid off our gratuities, he was able to refund us the amount rather than putting it on as OBC.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We booked a Central Park View w/Balcony on the Allure on March 22. On RCCL's site, our account payment history shows the cruise cost for Guest 1 and Guest 2 less the balcony discount, but does not list the two 30% Savings amounts. This was the cruise cost shown when I did a fake booking on the web to get a cost, before I called.

Our booking confirmation e-mailed to us shows the Cruise Fare with two 30% discounts included in the items deducted off. The cruise fare was adjusted upward so when they were deducted, the bottom line is the same number as shown on the payment history on our account on the web.

I feel it is best to decide if the cruise fare is what I am willing to pay, regardless of how they played with the numbers, if I still want to go on the ship.

Edited by KansasK

I feel it is best to decide if the cruise fare is what I am willing to pay, regardless of how they played with the numbers, if I still want to go on the ship.

I'm new to Royal but agree with you on this. Just booked the Oasis at what I thought was a good price despite reading here that the current promotion is a joke. I will be curious to see what the price is after this promotion ends and the next sale starts (and the one after that) since it is over a year until our cruise. If we can get a better price before final payment, I will call our TA to adjust it. Otherwise I am happy with the price we booked at.

I gotta admit, these sales are amusing. March 24 I booked an ocean for 5/7 Sailing on Grandeur. With port fees it came to 1342. With this sale, it comes to 1755 but they give you that 130 OBC for your tips. So you're still talking close to 300 more.