MSC Website woes...

astropilot

If there were an award for the worse website of all times, MSC would win it hands down. I think, when my current cruise concludes, I'll delete my profile, and will probably never sail with them again.

Their total lack of competence in the E-Commerce field is telling. If they can't run a website, how the hell can they run a shipping company. Enough is enough.

This better be one heck of a cruise for the aggravation they create!

You are so right vicocala! We have had so many issues down to getting someone to call us back so we can make the final payment which we thought we'd do a couple of weeks before it was due because of all their problems.

My husband is normally the one who handles these details but in this case, he was ready to give up a long time ago when they made him a Dutch national instead of an American and assigned him an address in the Netherlands.

Hubby passed on the "negotiations" to me, :eek: first time ever, and I've had to deal with the lack of response via phone messages from their personal cruise consultant. I did not want to give up because I loved the ship when I cruised solo and I do want him to see it.

BTW, I did book my coupons today with my final payment for mineral water, the more for less escape package and the streamer cruise internet package and it's all in my confirmation e-mail. I don't anticipate any problems since I did the same for the last cruise and they were all ready for me on board.:D

Edited by Fighterone

Before we get all excited about the website being up again, I have a recommendation:

check all your information for your bookings carefully:

I just checked our confirmed booking and it lists someone's else's address information attached to my booking instead of my wife. :mad:

Also, MSC/Voyager's Club doesn't really care if the info on the website is wrong with its the privacy violations, if the booking that they see looks OK on their end.

I called Voyager's Club to let them know of the issue since I already had completed the web check by filling in the correct info and now I get confirmation emails and find it has someone else's info attached as passenger 2. It should be interesting trying to check-in...

Their web presence shows an amazing lack of competence, not to mention I now have some stranger's complete address phone and email info and I am sure someone else has my wife's info. Unbelievable...

Edited by ClassicalSax

Since MSC does not appear to care about the accuracy of their website, being an IT professional, I decided to do a little experimentation with my booking to see if I could fix the bad companion information on the booking and web check-in info. I was able to do it.

Disclaimer: YMMV and use at your own risk, but chances are you can't screw it more than they have already done so on their website. :D

This is what worked for me:

If the primary booker's info is OK, but the companion(s) information is wrong on the web check-in or booking info,

log in to the companion account, carefully check all the document and address info, fix the bad information and this is the important part,

redo the web checkin while logged into the companion account making sure the info there is also corrected, hit [next step], to fix address info, hit [save] and then hit [confirm]. It should overwrite the bad info and when you log off and log back in with the primary booking account, it should now have the corrected companion info. The general idea is to login with the account that has the bad info, fix it and re-do the checkin from that account to save the new info and re-link it.

This worked for me. :) (at least until they do the next database restore....) Had to do it several times to catch all the bad entries that had come over from someone else but finally got it squared away.

Edited by ClassicalSax

When I try to log in with my booking # and name, I'm still getting the "Login temporarily unavailable for IT maintenance" error. (Same thing I've been getting for a couple weeks, now.) I tried clearing cookies on my browser and all that, but I still can't get in. For all of you saying that the site is back up, am I missing something? With everything I'm reading, I'm concerned that my info is all messed up. (Even though it was fine before all the website issues...)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I was able to log on last night. Haven't tried it again this morning. The only thing that I noticed was that 2 family members have a generic 555 telephone number in their profile, but that's easily fixed. Everything else seems to be the way I left it.

When I log in under the manage my booking area, I still get the message about the site being down. When I sign in with my e-mail and password I can get to the booking page and everything is OK there.

BTW, I did book my coupons today with my final payment for mineral water, the more for less escape package and the streamer cruise internet package and it's all in my confirmation e-mail. I don't anticipate any problems since I did the same for the last cruise and they were all ready for me on board.:D

Did you book online or call to book these?

I still can't login.

I can manage my booking with my booking #, and My Profile shows I have a Voyager Club #.

But when I click on Create Web Account it says email address already exists.

But if I try to login (since I never got a password), I can't, so I click the Forgot Password, and enter my email address (which supposedly already exists). Then it says email address not found.

WTH?

This may seem weird, but I cant find where I can make my final payment toward my June 18 cruise. Final payment is due on the 19th and with all the other cruise lines we have ever sailed, payment could be done online.. Is this not the case with MSC? :confused: All the MSC documentation states it can be done but I have been unable to find the right place.... :eek:

This may seem weird, but I cant find where I can make my final payment toward my June 18 cruise. Final payment is due on the 19th and with all the other cruise lines we have ever sailed, payment could be done online.. Is this not the case with MSC? :confused: All the MSC documentation states it can be done but I have been unable to find the right place.... :eek:

We never found anything online to make payments...we always had to call our PVP person to make all payments.

We never found anything online to make payments...we always had to call our PVP person to make all payments.

Thanks apatchetear! We thought since the website had been having issues, that maybe it was just a temporary thing...

I still can't login.

I can manage my booking with my booking #, and My Profile shows I have a Voyager Club #.

But when I click on Create Web Account it says email address already exists.

But if I try to login (since I never got a password), I can't, so I click the Forgot Password, and enter my email address (which supposedly already exists). Then it says email address not found.

WTH?

You'll have to call them to fix this - I had the same issue, took about a month to fix and 3 different phone calls. Finally found a great CSR that figured it out. Your account is in limbo because it is not been fully activated and the activation verification process fails as the emails do not get delivered to the correct email address.:cool:

I had no trouble logging in.

Just to be safe, you might want to double check the pull-down arrow for your active bookings.

You may find you are going on cruises you never knew. :D

After correcting all our information online, I decided to check the bookings tab...

Not only am I going on the right cruise that I booked, but later this year I am apparently sharing a cabin with a gal from the UK and going to Greece and Turkey. :confused: My wife is also apparently going on a Caribbean cruise with some guy from Reston, FL and then she is going to Venice with an unknown German couple...:eek:

everyday a new online adventure with MSC....

Edited by ClassicalSax

Is the mishandled cruiser info in fact listed as from "Reston, FL"? Thanks

My goof, the cruiser is actually from Ruskin, FL and the sailing is 4/28/18 Seaside. I have more info but do not want to sacrifice anyone's privacy or divulge private data.

My goof, the cruiser is actually from Ruskin, FL and the sailing is 4/28/18 Seaside. I have more info but do not want to sacrifice anyone's privacy or divulge private data.

As why I asked. Not my date or ship but I am from Ruskin. I see you are from SW FL and I have been exposed to a cruiser from a city in the SW FL area and this info may belong to you? Not sure but just a thought on this. Can't PM on this forum but would like to make contact with you off the public forum for further discussion. Thoughts on doing so? Thanks.

As why I asked. Not my date or ship but I am from Ruskin. I see you are from SW FL and I have been exposed to a cruiser from a city in the SW FL area and this info may belong to you? Not sure but just a thought on this. Can't PM on this forum but would like to make contact with you off the public forum for further discussion. Thoughts on doing so? Thanks.

Sure thing, for my email contact just add "@live.com" to my CC handle.

You'll have to call them to fix this - I had the same issue, took about a month to fix and 3 different phone calls. Finally found a great CSR that figured it out. Your account is in limbo because it is not been fully activated and the activation verification process fails as the emails do not get delivered to the correct email address.:cool:

ooh, thank you very much! We'll see how i make out today or tomorrow if I remember to call on my lunch break. haha