MSC Website woes...

astropilot

Login to website bookings is still down this morning in the USA. In the meantime my TA has received and forwarded me an email from MSC that I need to login and complete my on-line check-in or I won't receive my booking documents. ;)

Still have a few weeks prior to our cruise, but would like to pre-order some drink packages. :D

That will be hard to do with their 'Wonderful' POS website:rolleyes:

FYI... The information below is now posted on the MSC US website. No indication as to when the site will be back up and running...

Dear Guest, For any US or Canadian guests who already have a booking and want to do Web Check-In or add pre-paid services to their booking, please note that we are currently implementing improvements and fixes which prevent access to these sections of the website. While the MSC Cruises’ US and Canadian web portal are undergoing these updates, eTickets for bookings departing in the next 21 days will be sent without mandatory Web Check-In. If you do not receive your eTicket prior to departure, please bring a copy of your booking confirmation and necessary travel documents to the port of embarkation.

As of this time we have no estimate for when this work will be completed and full website functionality restored, so please check back for updates periodically. In the meantime, if you have any questions about a current US or Canadian reservation, please contact MSC Cruises directly at 1-877-665-4655.

Where did you find this? can you provide a link?

Im just pretending that it's 1990, long before cruise websites and the ability to pre book excursions, drink packages, restaurants, check in online, etc. [emoji6]

I went online last night to check on my booking only to find the now infamous IT error message. Initially I was going to start fuming but I told myself not to. Although it will be nice to get some things booked before the cruise, there's really nothing that I must do immediately.

I'm not trying to justify the website issues. Just trying not to let it bother me more than necessary. But as someone said, MSC better get their act together with the website. I'm forgiving (specially with the ridiculous prices that we are paying for our upcoming cruise), but I know that a lot of people won't be.

I too will cut them a break...but I will take my confirm and screen shots of pricing for internet, etc...

Frankly, I do not want to call them, as the last time I did, my booking got screwed up...it is fine now, but would prefer to not risk it...again.

Crazy! Appalling how such a huge business can have such a failed website. Still down this morning and it might be another week?! Good thing I have everything reserved, ready, checked in and with tickets for our cruise on the 24th, first one this season in the Mediterranean for the MSC Orchestra. Good tip about their Facebook page!

It is back up an running, but still limited functionality. I cannot see excursions and add ons and all of my booking details are not available. Still looks the same, so certainly does not seem to have been down to add functionality.

Was finally able to log in...and even though I wasn't going to, I opted to pre order the 18 drink card, and the $66 internet package for my May sailing...

I got confirms of the purchases and I can see it on my booking on line... I will be printing stuff out like crazy though.....

I was finally able to do my on line checkin but I can't complete my pre-order for internet or a drink package. I get all the way to confirm and I click but nothing happens. Maybe that part will work tomorrow.

MSC is finally back on line. However, I am still living somewhere outside the USA:mad:. Received an email saying my personal information may have been compromised, but was given a $100.00 OBC for my troubles...wonder who will be credited with that:rolleyes:

I was able to log back into my current cruises but still can't log into Voyager Club. I did see they haven't canceled the specialty dining I asked my TA to get canceled though so I guess I will be on the phone tomorrow. ugh!

I was able to complete the on-check in last night, and my-tickets were emailed to me. I can see my drink packages on line, but they are not mentioned in my e-ticket documents. I do how ever my my purchase confirmations....

Very, very strange. I called my TA to confirm my cancelled specialty dining and thought it was handled the other day.

Today I was back on the site and saw my specialty dining is still there, so I call the TA to find out what is going on. They called MSC who told them to have me go back on the website to cancel it! There isn't even a cancellation button! (At least not for those who have prepaid). Can you imagine a company telling you to go to their website to fix their error?!!

Anyway I found out after about a half hour of three way calling it had been removed the other day despite the website still saying it's there.

This better be one heck of a cruise for the aggravation they create!

This better be one heck of a cruise for the aggravation they create!

I feel so bad for all of you still experiencing website issues. I was frustrated and my issues pale in comparison to some of yours. I actually refused to use the website after I found myself quite frustrated early on. I booked everything on-board. It cost me a bit more, but it was not worth the hassle that so many of you are going through.

For those of you receiving letters stating your identity may be compromised, I would take that pretty seriously. My medical information was compromised once and we were all given free credit safety protection/monitoring for one year (I believe that was by US law). Not sure if that has been offered or not.

The on-board experience is INFINITELY better than the website experience if that helps any.

Good luck to All!

I'm sorry to hear of all of these problems. We have had absolutely no problems with the website or with booking the cruise over the phone. I have not yet booked specialty dining or drink packages, but the cruise isn't until November so that will come later. I DID notice that the regular login was "under maintenance" or something, so I just logged in using the booking number and name and had no problem getting in and seeing everything I wanted to.

I'm absolutely furious :mad:

After multiple communications with customer services my booking was finally sorted out

.....now, this evening I have 2 random bookings in my profile and I have access to the personal details of two families - one French, one American. Passport details, phone numbers...the whole lot. In unscrupulous hands that information could be used for all sorts of things.

A huge data protection issue :eek:

I will lose my deposit if I cancel.........but my goodness, I'm tempted

What an incompetent company :(

Just logged in to MSC and was so excited to see just ME in my booking:D! However when I looked at my profile, it still has a foreign email address and phone number:( ! My joy was short lived. I have not input my passport number yet, so at least that is still secure. Will wait until we are onboard to order drink package, as some are reporting that they are getting a pkg with Fantastica, and that is what we have. Also, less chance that it will be credited to someone else:p

Very disturbing to hear that personal information continues to be handled inappropriately. No question that since I have been handed (3) separate individuals personal information, I would expect my personal information to have been handed off as well. I would also expect to see some pricey consequences headed towards MSC for allowing this to occur and to continue to occur. I wouldn't mind tossing my hat in that ring and sharing my experience with the proper authorities if it comes to that (I have screenshots of all that has occurred). After all, if I have any compromising personal information that may occur from this, I want everything documented and with those proper authorities. The MSC customer service rep that I spoke with when I was receiving others information stated "how odd my situation was and that mine was only an isolated case...no one else reporting the same problems" Really? With all that has occurred, this has been our first cruise that I have contemplated cancelling solely because of these personal information breaches and website inaccuracies.