Still not assigned a room yet

ann41

We are Guaranteed Balcony on Escape May 21, still waiting!

Hi, just an update! Now 11 days until May14th on Escape. Still no assigned cabin. DW & I are getting our sleeping bags ready:). Don't know about your sailing but on the 14th there still many balcony cabins for sale. NCL still hoping to sell before assigning to us on the wait list.

The wait is over, I got my room assigned today for May 22 on the Getaway!!

We got a mid ship balcony room on Deck 14 :) BA category. I'm very happy with the location!

Our friends ended up in a large balcony forward deck 9. A tad jealous lol but I know we will be able to hang with them out there! Only thing that sucks is that we will be boarding at different Terminals.

Edited by tropical83

We got a mid ship balcony room on Deck 14 :) BA category. I'm very happy with the location!

Our friends ended up in a large balcony forward deck 9. A tad jealous lol but I know we will be able to hang with them out there! Only thing that sucks is that we will be boarding at different Terminals.

Glad your wait is over! :)

Wow I haven't been on here in awhile. That is great that everyone is finally getting their rooms . I ended up in a mini suite only because of a price drop! we are midship deck 10 if I remember correctly ..

Hope everyone else finds out soon

So happy you got your cabin assignment!!! Sounds like a great location....now we just have to make it a few more weeks which will hopefully fly by!!!

Sent from my HTC One using Forums mobile app

So happy you got your cabin assignment!!! Sounds like a great location....now we just have to make it a few more weeks which will hopefully fly by!!!

Sent from my HTC One using Forums mobile app

Thanks! I'm SO excited, its almost here :)

• 2 weeks later...

1. Does anyone have insider information on how the guarantee booking work?

2. Lets say somebody book a guarantee booking at $798 and one at $929, is the higher one almost ways going to get a better cabin with unblock views?

• 3 weeks later...

I'm under 30 days from my July 3rd Getaway cruise. I have my edocs and luggage tags for the guarantee. If I print them now or in the next few weeks and at the last minute, get an assignment, will I need to reprint everything?

Thanks!

• 6 months later...
1. Does anyone have insider information on how the guarantee booking work?

2. Lets say somebody book a guarantee booking at $798 and one at $929, is the higher one almost ways going to get a better cabin with unblock views?

No price is not a factor, totally random.

Help a rookie out please.

I booked the cheapo IX room and am awaiting room assignment for my cruise (32 days out). I went to go do the mock booking thing and the price on the IX has gone up an additional $70. The inside midship section is sold out and the only other stateroom version sold out on the cruise is the aft balcony.

Why would the IX go up in price? Walk me thru the thought process please.

Thanks!

Help a rookie out please.

I booked the cheapo IX room and am awaiting room assignment for my cruise (32 days out). I went to go do the mock booking thing and the price on the IX has gone up an additional $70. The inside midship section is sold out and the only other stateroom version sold out on the cruise is the aft balcony.

Why would the IX go up in price? Walk me thru the thought process please.

Thanks!

Supply and demand.

The sold out midship might be including guarantees, so I would read that as "I definitely won't get that"

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If I'm understanding this all correctly, let's say for simplicity, there are 1000 cabins on board and 400 of them are actual inside cabins. They could sell 700 cabins at the IX rate to fill the ship and then figure out at a later date who goes where, but 700 people were only willing to pay that much for the product and not buy a higher grade or a specific location. They are filling the boat, waiting to see who upgrades and who right out buys a specific cabin and then hand out the room numbers.

If I have that right, my follow up question would be- if you are a traveler who books a specific style cabin- inside midship or aft oceanview or such, do you ever get upgraded or is that left to the gamblers in the GTY purchases? So I know for future.