Sorry .Another drinks package question!

madgemonica

We have never sailed Celebrity before. We have a classic drinks package each. If we wanted to purchase a bottle of wine in M.DR.and take to share in our cabin(as we've sometimes done on Princess ,what discount would we get off this bearing in mind that we both have package.?.

Edited by madgemonica

We have never sailed Celebrity before. We have a classic drinks package each. If we wanted to purchase a bottle of wine in M.DR.and take to share in our cabin(as we've sometimes done on Princess ,what discount would we get off this bearing in mind that we both have package.?.

The classic beverage package only applies to wines by the glass, not bottles. You can order any glass of wine, up to and including $9 per glass. $13 if you have the Premium package. That being said, there are wine packages that you can order that give you a decent discount (roughly 20%) on multiple bottles of wine. And sometimes there are coupons offered during the sailing. Hope this helps!

The classic beverage package only applies to wines by the glass, not bottles. You can order any glass of wine, up to and including $9 per glass. $13 if you have the Premium package. That being said, there are wine packages that you can order that give you a decent discount (roughly 20%) on multiple bottles of wine. And sometimes there are coupons offered during the sailing. Hope this helps!

I don't think this is correct. I think you can get a 15% discount on all bottles of wine bought onboard.

As I'm sure you're aware, the Classic package also include a 15% discount on wines by the bottle. (Premium includes a 20% discount)

Whether one can take your bottle from the dining venue to their cabin as can be done on Princess or other lines I'm not sure as we havent tried to do so. I don't see why not, but that's up to the cruise line.

Slightly different strategy: carry aboard the two bottles per cabin you are allowed. Leave those in the cabin for sips before dinner or late night. Have your glass of wine with dinner. Maybe even have a second which you carry with you. Or stop at a bar on the way back to the cabin and get a glass to go...