Traveling with Group - Dining

We will be traveling on the Liberty in July as a group of 17 (11 adults, 6 kids ages 10-12). What is the best way to do Dining? I'm sure we can't sit at one table, any suggestions?

I would book with a travel agent, have them create a group, and choose early traditional dining. They will put you 2 or 3 tables near each other.

Do traditional seating, so you will always have YOUR tables...and yes...you will need 2 tables! Link reservations, so they have those 2 tables together! You can switch seats nightly, if you wish. A "set" dining time will make life easier with a group, too...no "guessing" what time you decided to dine nightly! If the kids prefer to use the kid's club, early seating will allow them to do so easily!

Edited by cb at sea

Regardless of what you arrange ahead of time, make sure you go to the dining room as soon as you can after boarding and check your location to make sure you are grouped together.

On our Serenade cruise 2 weeks ago we requested a table for 2, ended up at a table for 10. That was an easy fix...but there was a group of 12 that knew they would be split but expected to be at tables next to each other. Instead, they were split into four groups and scattered about the dining room, no table side by side. THAT was a tougher fix, but because they got to the dining room early on Day 1 they were able to make it happen along with other passengers' changes.

We had a wedding party of 14 that all sat at one large table thanks to RCL. We requested if it was possibility and sure enough, we went to early seating and there the table was. Several wait staff came by to see who had the large table that they had heard about! I think they tried hard to accommodate us and they did…..

We just cruised as a family of 12 on the Independence. We requested early dining and a table for 12. Our reservations were linked by our travel agent. I emailed about 2 weeks ahead to request a table for 12 and they accommodated it well. We were very comfortable and had a location that worked well for us in the dining room.

I would book with a travel agent, have them create a group, and choose early traditional dining. They will put you 2 or 3 tables near each other.

Yep. Had 16 on Grandeur last year, they had us at a 10 top and a 6 top side by side.