20% off beverage packages-NOT!

Just received an e-mail yesterday offering 20% off the premium or ultimate beverage package if you purchased online before your cruise. When I tried to do this, the regular price came up so I called Royal Caribbean and was told the 20% off is the regular price, $67 for ultimate, etc...

When I asked where the discount was, I was told that the price is higher on the ship.

Has anyone else experienced this?

There have been selected sailings with a real 20% discount off beverage packages. My guess is that you got the email in error, which has happened to me several times.

Prices have been same whether you prepurchase online or wait until on the ship. And if the online price wasn't 20% off, then that would mean onboard pricing has increased by 20%??

Could be typical smoke and mirror marketing but sounds like the customer service rep wasn't familiar with the specifics of your emailed promo and made the rest up! I've had that happened and realise not worth arguing the point, hanging up and trying again.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

There have been selected sailings with a real 20% discount off beverage packages. My guess is that you got the email in error, which has happened to me several times.

Prices have been same whether you prepurchase online or wait until on the ship. And if the online price wasn't 20% off, then that would mean onboard pricing has increased by 20%??

Could be typical smoke and mirror marketing but sounds like the customer service rep wasn't familiar with the specifics of your emailed promo and made the rest up! I've had that happened and realise not worth arguing the point, hanging up and trying again.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bob's explanation seems the most likely.

Not all ships or sailings are offering the discount. Perhaps the OP got the email offer even though the discount is not available on his cruise.

It is also possible that the offer is capacity controlled, and the quota has been met.

Just received an e-mail yesterday offering 20% off the premium or ultimate beverage package if you purchased online before your cruise. When I tried to do this, the regular price came up so I called Royal Caribbean and was told the 20% off is the regular price, $67 for ultimate, etc...

When I asked where the discount was, I was told that the price is higher on the ship.

Has anyone else experienced this?

I suggest joining your Roll Call and asking what the experience has been of the others.

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2204338

My wife and I purchased those beverage packages last week. It all depends on the sale date and the ship. We are departing June 2 on the anthem of the seas, which was a qualifying ship. I had purchased the Royal replenish package at a rate of $19 per day and she had purchased the ultimate package at $47 per day.

Would call Royal Caribbean directly to find out.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

My wife and I purchased those beverage packages last week. It all depends on the sale date and the ship. We are departing June 2 on the anthem of the seas, which was a qualifying ship. I had purchased the Royal replenish package at a rate of $19 per day and she had purchased the ultimate package at $47 per day.

Welcome to Cruise Critic!

I'm on a sailing where they are offering.I added to my cart to see if the discount would come off and it's still the full amount showing.

Might be capacity controlled, as Carol suggested above.

Welcome to Cruise Critic! Go to your cruise week below to meet your fellow cruisers and also register for the free Meet & Mingle gathering on board!!:cool:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2183056

https://secure.royalcaribbean.com/ccEntry.do