Carnival ship class?

shallow1

Ships were built of a certain size and usually a few more built. The first ship of each size would be the class. Then they build a few more of the next bigger ship. The older ships were smaller and don't feature all the balcony cabins of the new builds. The class of ship will give you an idea of whether you'll be onboard with 2000, 3000 or 4000 other PAX.

Like tract homes Sister ships within a class can have variations. ie Only a few of the Fantasy class ships have balconies.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Like tract homes Sister ships within a class can have variations. ie Only a few of the Fantasy class ships have balconies.

I agree that ships in the same class can have variations but aren't the Fantasy ship differences due to reno's

made years after they were built ? Weren't these balconies not original but later additions ?

I agree that ships in the same class can have variations but aren't the Fantasy ship differences due to reno's

made years after they were built ? Weren't these balconies not original but later additions ?

Whether the differences are additions or original builds doesn't matter on a ship your sailing on now.

But yes, the balconies and water parks are additions.

Whether the differences are additions or original builds doesn't matter on a ship your sailing on now.

But yes, the balconies and water parks are additions.

So are you saying that their are ships in the Fantasy class that have balconies that are NOT suites?

One interesting exercise is taking the ship's displacement and dividing it by the number of passengers. by this ratio, the Spirit Class has the most room per passenger.

I prefer Sprit class ships.

And it certainly FEELS like the most room throughout the cruise. Willing

to bet it's Carnival's least profitable as a result of least amount of

squooshiness ! (In our experience the Dream was highest amount by far).

I didn't realize they had officially renamed the Destiny class to "Triumph class." I guess it makes sense since there is no more Destiny, but I've been referring to that class of ship that way so long that it's just hard to change.

I didn't realize they had officially renamed the Destiny class to "Triumph class." I guess it makes sense since there is no more Destiny, but I've been referring to that class of ship that way so long that it's just hard to change.

Depending on where you look or who you ask, even when it was still the Destiny I've also seen references to separate Destiny and Triumph classes. I believe the Triumph and Victory were built with one more deck than the Destiny, so some considered them different enough to be a class separate from Destiny.

i see that the Sunshine is listed as a Sunshine class. What class was it before the major overhaul and renovation?

It was its own class Destiny Class

That was it's former name

It was the first cruise ship over 100,000 tons