Cancellation of pax 2 and they want more $$$

So, I just told them at the pier that DH was a no show.

I checked on board and they said his name was not on the booking.

Not sure if this mucked up their system but they did not charge me the tips on board....so I had to queue on the last morning to get them added.

Interestingly enough the post cruise survey was still sent to his email and not mine!

Just waiting to see whether I get double (or triple) points as I was in a suite.:rolleyes:

Thanks for reporting back. Remember, there should also be a refund of taxes to whatever credit card was used to make final payment.

Unfortunately DH cannot join me on the cruise due to work so my agent called to cancel him off.

I thought I would get his taxes back......but they said no

So it is 100% cancellation penalty for him...... And they want to charge me another $400 as being a solo traveller??!!??!?

Is this right that they can get 100% full fare for him and want to charge me more?

If I leave him as a no show I think I'll get the taxes back?

Sent from my iPhone 6s using Tapatalk

That is absolutely ridiculous! :eek:

The downside of no show is that you won't get double points. The $400 extra is probably because they want to reprice it at current rates.

Just to let you know that I did get the triple points automatically awarded - as a solo in a suite. Unexpected bonus! :D

Now just waiting for the refund of his taxes.

Edited by little britain

Just to let you know that I did get the triple points automatically awarded - as a solo in a suite. Unexpected bonus! :D

Interesting, I wonder if something happened to your booking (they flagged it when you called) to allow this since I think most no shows don't get the points.

Edited by Biker19

Now just waiting for the refund of his taxes.

Thanks for reporting back. I had read another report of a poster getting their extra solo points in a no-show situation, so I though you might also luck out.