LIVE from our first Silhouette Transatlantic! Are we the youngest on the ship???

chicagopaul

Paul,

Thank you for a wonderful review. A buddy and I will be on Silhouette in November to bring her back to the States. It was great to spend my morning blasting through your review to get excited for our voyage.

This will be my second time on "Silly" and 15th TA. She and Equinox are my favorite S-class ships. Needless to say I have an addiction. LOL.

Hope to meet you guys on a future cruise adventure and thank you again.

Michael

San Diego, CA

• 4 weeks later...

Chicago Paul - just coming out of lurkdom and thanking you for an excellent review - I have seen your reviews here and there and was really interested in your first TA voyage - I am sorry if I missed this, but from where to where did you sail?

You have given me more reason to buy the drink package when I do decide to sail X - I have cruised RC the most, but I like the thought of not having to worry about keeping tabs on my bar bill.

You and Edward seem to have a such a good time cruising; thanks for giving us cruisers more carrots to try a TA!

And all of you cruisers out there - enlighten me on some examples of what you mean when you think going west is better than east on a TA?

Thanks again!

Going east, you turn the clock ahead one hour, six times in eight days, hence 23 hour days. When you fly home you get the time back but it's during the daytime. Going west, you turn the clock back one hour six time in eight days, hence 25 hour days. Flying over there you usually fly at night and maybe you can pick up a few hours sleep.

We much prefer going west. We usually go a couple of days early to see the sights. That plus the sleep we get on the plane and we're raring to go from the time we get on the ship. We also make a B2B out of it so we get to see a lot more of Europe.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I never thought of the length of the days....good point!! We just booked out first TA for 11/17 out of Rome because DH doesn't like flying west as much as east due to the jet lag. I don't really know because it doesn't bother me...thinking of doing the "pre-trip" and spending more time in Rome...I've been there before but there's so much to see and do....has anyone done this? And has anyone purchased air through Celebrity?

We are doing just that on our upcoming TA from Civi to Ft. Lauderdale. Choice Air was good price wise; not so good when flights got changed. New flights/airlines new flights/airlines, they had us departing Atlanta before we arrived from our home regional airport. Now we connect with KLM and have an additional change of planes in Amsterdam. We are staying at the Hotel Boutique Campo di Fiori in the piazza.