LIVE from our first Silhouette Transatlantic! Are we the youngest on the ship???

chicagopaul

living vicariously through you. please update bitros 5 conversion to the sushi place when complete. love to see the menu. hoping they have more than the ones in the buffets

Not on the silhouette but we got of the reflection recently and tried out the sushi on five place and the info is in my review.... The sushi stuff starts at post 16 [emoji4]

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2332529

Paul:

Not that you need them now, but would you look and see if there are any heaters in the Lawn Club. I have eaten twice there but in warm weather. We will be sailing out of Amsterdam next month and would like to eat there while we stop in Germany. The ship does not leave until midnight so no wind but the air could be cool/cold.

We love that place and want to dine there.

Thanks!

I don't think there are heaters in Lawn Club Grill. Last year, in November on a return cruise to New York on Reflection, we ate at Lawn Club and it was cold and windy. The staff brought use heavy plaid blankets to wear and that helped. Since you are planning to be there when we are docked you probably won't have to deal with the wind.

5d5640c6214f586f249c0902e06dbcc3.jpg

Enjoying a book on the balcony after a short nap. Very calm seas and according to the captain they'll get even calmer.

The weather has turned slightly cooler so I'm wearing pants and a light jacket right now on the balcony but it is still very comfortable.

Today's lunch at Tuscan was very nice. Only a few people went there for lunch.

We are at lawn club on day 1. The heaters were not on but we did notice heaters around the edge near the glass. No heaters were in the center though I assume the giant grill will help heat up the place. They do have blankets as well for you in lawn club.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good morning everyone from the middle of the Atlantic. This is sea day number two of eight consecutive sea days and thus far I'm in love with the transatlantic.

Exactly my sentiments! But I'm sad I'm on land... :( Our experience has been the same with fellow cruisers on a transatlantic (or transpacific)...

Have a grand time and thanks for taking us along!

Joe

So happy to see your postings as my daughter and son in law are on the cruise too...she's 30 and he's 33 so they may be the youngest. Look out for them ...she's got a mass of long curly hair and he's a big guy...they're an interracial couple so easy to spot :). Say hi and send my love if you see them. Sounds like everything is fabulous so far! Glad the seas are calm. Really enjoying your postings ...thank you!

Thank you for posting the video of your cabin and the close-up of the Evian water bottle. We have the classic drink package for our upcoming May, 2016 Silhouette cruise out of Amsterdam and are deciding about upgrading to the premium package.

Would you please post the wine list from the MDR? Also Luminae if possible?

Looking forward to reading your postings.

Thank you both for taking the time to post your pics and thoughts. Our group of 6 will be embarking in Southampton as you disembark and would love to know whether the crew and entertainers are remaining on the ship?! Also:

1 Does Michaels Club have anything going on-is anyone there?

2. Could you please post a photo of the craft beer selections in Cellar Masters

3. Whose your favorite bartender at the Martini Bar? (Our favorite bar!)

Thanks for taking the time to write a review. I met you and Edward very briefly on the first leg of your Reflection cruise in November, 2015 - I spotted you from your CC picture and said hello. I am reading your review while I am having lunch at my desk. I find myself drooling.....not at my lunch but rather at the picture of your martini! I hope you guys have a blast! Thanks again for posting.

Cheers everyone! Edward and I have just boarded the beautiful Silhouette. This is our first transatlantic but our 9th cruise on Celebrity. We are definitely on the younger end of pax at 29 and 33. We just purchased the ultimate dining and premium drink package. The weather in FLL is absolute perfection at 78, sunny and a light breeze.

We will get the unlimited internet package so I will update as much as I can and post photos too. With 8 sea days coming up I will have plenty of time to answer any questions about the ship or find out anything you need to know. I'll post menus from all restaurants as well as the bars now that we have unlimited internet. I will also post some videos as well.

We've already met some wonderful people on this cruise. I think it will be a great one!

Cheers!

What a coincidence!! I just cancelled my Mardi Gras cruise and booked THIS one..for November going from Rome to FLL. It will be our first transatlantic and 4th Celebrity but not on this ship. Can't wait to hear all about it!

Cheers everyone! Edward and I have just boarded the beautiful Silhouette. This is our first transatlantic but our 9th cruise on Celebrity. We are definitely on the younger end of pax at 29 and 33. We just purchased the ultimate dining and premium drink package. The weather in FLL is absolute perfection at 78, sunny and a light breeze.

We will get the unlimited internet package so I will update as much as I can and post photos too. With 8 sea days coming up I will have plenty of time to answer any questions about the ship or find out anything you need to know. I'll post menus from all restaurants as well as the bars now that we have unlimited internet. I will also post some videos as well.

We've already met some wonderful people on this cruise. I think it will be a great one!

Cheers!

I'm not much older than you. Doing my first transatlantic this Saturday. looking forward to it and following your journey.

I'm so sorry for not posting more so I'll try and make up for it today.

Regarding Bistro on 5 it looks as if it will change over immediately following this cruise. It will be the sushi bar but the staff had zero information on the menu.

The seas have been very calm. Today is a little windy so we are feeling some movement but the water is calmer than the Caribbean. The sun is finally out and even though it's in the 60s we are sitting outside.

Entertainment. We saw the first production show, Life. It was ok. Nothing to write home about. It was entertaining enough. There was a comedian two nights ago that we missed but we spoke to some who saw him and they said he was entertaining.

Last night we ate in Murano again. I had the lamb, Edward has the veal. Both were very good but the portions were small. That was fine by us. We had plenty of cheese and starters to keep us full.

For those who asked before, the Martini Bartenders from Bali are still running the show.

Visal and Ivan are running world class.

We saw Ray Brown Jr and then Terry Dobson on guitar in Ensemble the last couple nights before dinner. Very enjoyable and we are always able to get a seat at the bar.

Since the drink package is not prevalent on this cruise the bars always have open seats which I love!

The clientele on the ship continue to be very friendly. I'm loving all the sea days and it's so easy to lose track of what day it is. Today is Friday right?!

Thanks for the updates. As to your comments about the clientele, so many who sail the Transatlantics are of like minds and the love of consecutive sea days. It certainly got in our blood without any effort at all!

We have close friends your age who disembarked the Constellation Transatlantic in Rome this morning. In their email the said they cried having to leave the ship!

Continue to enjoy...... ;)

Loving the report Paul, we also love TAs and forgetting which day it is... We prefer the other way in the fall as they tend to be a bit warmer & you get 4/5 25hr days vs 23hr ones... [emoji41]

Thanks for the updates. As to your comments about the clientele, so many who sail the Transatlantics are of like minds and the love of consecutive sea days. It certainly got in our blood without any effort at all!

We have close friends your age who disembarked the Constellation Transatlantic in Rome this morning. In their email the said they cried having to leave the ship!

Continue to enjoy...... ;)

Disembarking in Rome and crying? Hopefully they have some time in Rome to eat and walk just to make sure they adjust back to land ok![emoji6]

We are on this cruise also and agree with most of the post. So far the only thing that we felt wasn't so hot was the first production show called Life. There wasn't one song we ever heard before and didn't care for them once we heard them. We might be in the minority, but we will find something else to do when this pops up on the next cruise.

We are on this cruise also and agree with most of the post. So far the only thing that we felt wasn't so hot was the first production show called Life. There wasn't one song we ever heard before and didn't care for them once we heard them. We might be in the minority, but we will find something else to do when this pops up on the next cruise.

Agreed! While we knew most of the songs I didn't think they were performed very well. We found it basically entertaining but ended up skipping the show the other night thinking it might be of similar caliber.

There is a comedy magic show tonight by Fred Becker. Has anyone seen him before?

Loving the report Paul, we also love TAs and forgetting which day it is... We prefer the other way in the fall as they tend to be a bit warmer & you get 4/5 25hr days vs 23hr ones... [emoji41]

I never thought of the length of the days....good point!! We just booked out first TA for 11/17 out of Rome because DH doesn't like flying west as much as east due to the jet lag. I don't really know because it doesn't bother me...thinking of doing the "pre-trip" and spending more time in Rome...I've been there before but there's so much to see and do....has anyone done this? And has anyone purchased air through Celebrity?

Loving your reports Paul! We are sorry to hear of the demise of Bistro, but it is what it is.

Regarding the passengers on a TA, that's one of the aspects we enjoy most. We've done 4 of them & find that the vibe is always intimate, with a closeness not found on "regular" sailings. I think the many sea days have much to do with it.

Keep it coming!

I never thought of the length of the days....good point!! We just booked out first TA for 11/17 out of Rome because DH doesn't like flying west as much as east due to the jet lag. I don't really know because it doesn't bother me...thinking of doing the "pre-trip" and spending more time in Rome...I've been there before but there's so much to see and do....has anyone done this? And has anyone purchased air through Celebrity?

Hello there. Yes, I did this trip the fall of 2015 out of Rome and it was a wonderful crossing and loved it so much I am also returning for the 11/2017 sailing. The weather was perfect for the entire voyage, and a great group of people on board.

I did purchase my air through Celebrity and was a much better deal than purchasing on my own. Saved nearly $600/ ticket and I also like the assured arrival. The day before my trip, British Airways did an aircraft swap (going from a larger aircraft to a smaller a380 to a 747) which resulted in an oversold flight. Celebrity quickly jumped in and doubled booked me on another flight and recommended I take that one. Still arrived about the same time. It was a good thing they monitor the flights.

Are you on the roll call board established?