Traditional dining question

kt6453

Not necessarily. We had a family with two young sons at our table for eight. Fortunately the boys only came to dinner a couple of times.

How dare they smile, no wonder I ask for a table for two.:eek::eek:

How dare they smile, no wonder I ask for a table for two.:eek::eek:

Fancy children being on a cruise and enjoying themselves? What will be next? I wish I had the funds when my children were younger to take them cruising. What a great way to improve their education.

We had lunch with a German family once and their son and daughter had a lovely time practicing their English skills. Much, much better than my German.

If you don't want children at your table ask to be changed to another table. Personally I think they would be preferable to some of the people I have shared tables with over the years.

When there is a food allergy involved, the head waiter will typically come over to your table every night with the menu for the following night. You put in your order in advance, and they make sure it is made to your dietary needs. They are very good about this. As someone already said, make sure the allergy is listed in your cruise personalizer.

This works in anytime dining as well as in traditional. You place the order the day before with the head waiter. He will explain which dishes may be affected by the allergy and often will provide the option to take a dish that normally would have a problem and modify it as needed. Princess chefs also understand cross-contamination. As long as you speak with the headwaiter, I don't think you would have a problem in anytime dining.

Although it is not necessary, I would recommend always eating in the same dining room with the same head waiter.

For allergies, it is not the waiter who matters most - it is the head waiter. Princess head waiters receive specific training on dealing with allergies.

The main problem would be with the buffet. You are probably better off never eating in the buffet unless you have to. Even if the food is prepared properly, there may be a cross-contamination problem because of passengers misusing serving utensils for multiple dishes. if you do need to eat in the buffet, talk to the chef in charge in the kitchen about the allergy. Not only can he tell you what is included in the food, he may also be able to serve a plate from the kitchen to avoid potential buffet cross-contamination.

At the buffet, my wife, who is lactose intolerant, just asks for the head waiter. He brings her to the chef and the discuss her options. The chef brings the meal to our table a few minutes later. Other passengers then come by drooling over her meal. A number ask where she got it.

When my wife and I was on the Oasis we sat a 10 top in the MDR W/one other couple and a family of 5 (1 empty seat). The family of 5 was Mom, Dad, Mother/in-law, and 2 boys like 9 and 12 yrs old. We had a blast at dinner to the point where they had to kick us out to get ready for the next dinner crowd. As long as the kid(s) are for the most part well behaved I do not mind, like the post above kids will be kids. Lastly like Grandma said I love to hear what kids say about the ship/day, kids say the funniest things.