Permission to take wine onboard

I am sailing on the Grandeur out of Baltimore in May. I read on an RCCL site that I Googled that I am allowed to take 2 750ml personal bottles of wine on board when initially boarding and that there is no corkage fee. Is it still true? Anyone ever do this?

I am sailing on the Grandeur out of Baltimore in May. I read on an RCCL site that I Googled that I am allowed to take 2 750ml personal bottles of wine on board when initially boarding and that there is no corkage fee. Is it still true? Anyone ever do this?

True, we do it all the time.

We just did it on our Serenade cruise...carried two bottles on board easily.

They did want to actually see the bottles as we came through security, just had to pull them out of the neoprene bottle carrier we used.

One bottle we drank in our stateroom; we asked our attendant to please bring us two wine glasses and he made sure they were there (yay Clinton!!). The second bottle we carried with us to the dining room one evening and our assistant server happily opened it for us, no corkage fee whatsoever. Had we not finished it that night at dinner they would have stored it for us as well.

You don't need permission.

We asked our stateroom attendant for a corkscrew. She brought it next time she was in our room, and brought two wine glasses as well.

Lovely.

Though one of the wine bottles had something funky going on (we think it got pressurized in the plane) and the cork Would Not Come Out. DH is crazy-strong and couldn't get it out. So he pushed the cork into the bottle, which then caused the wine to spray out a bit. LOL.

The cork screw that Royal provides is just that and has no leverage. Better to bring a real one. Pack it in your checked luggage, TSA has confiscated mine in the past. BTW, the actual rules are two bottles per cabin on embarkation day only or 4 bottles if you are B2B. However, if B2B, they are supposed to hold two for you until the next cruise. When we are B2B, the DW and I just go through security separately and don't usually have to bother checking two. Royal sometimes "registers" bottles at check-in. A real pain in the *** that we try to avoid. Who needs another line to stand in at check-in?