Can we make 1:00 PM Flight from LGA ?

Hi - Our NCL Ship is due to arrive into NY at 10:00 AM on April 30th -

We have a choice of a 3:00 PM flight from LGA to home (Tucson) - or

a 12:58 PM flight from LGA home

Would appreciate feedback on whether we should book the "earlier" one

(much preferred) - or just bite the bullet, and hang around the airport - and plan on the 3:00 PM flight

Thanks

Hi - Our NCL Ship is due to arrive into NY at 10:00 AM on April 30th -

We have a choice of a 3:00 PM flight from LGA to home (Tucson) - or

a 12:58 PM flight from LGA home

Would appreciate feedback on whether we should book the "earlier" one

(much preferred) - or just bite the bullet' date=' and hang around the airport - and plan on the 3:00 PM flight

Thanks[/color']

IMO for a scheduled arrival of 10 am on a Wed morning, a 12:58 flight is too tight.

Hanging out at LGA for a later flight is far better than the risk for not getting to the airport by 11:30 or 11:45 due to unplanned & unforseen ship terminal hiccups, delaying disembarkation - don't sweat it.

Depending on your airline/flight & terminal at LGA, the food court has decent choices - landside before TSA/security checkpoints (Delta terminal is airside, after security)

BA is going to be pack with late Spring breakers, including a sizable # of NYC school children on holidays - they will be coming off - step back, relax & watch the mad rush in the morning ... select the later/est color-coded luggage tags for your luggage. Sleep late & vacate the cabin by the requested time - enjoy a sit-down in the dining room (before it is closed) - there will be places to sit & wait on deck 6 near Savor & Taste, until the crowds begin to fade.

Take your time getting to LGA, no need to rush or worry about traffic too much - and, baseball alert for fans of N.Y. Mets @ Citi Field, just east of LGA - they are playing at home, game time @ 1:10 PM - expect extra traffic on the roads, #7 subway trains will be packed in the morning - hopefully, mother nature will not rain on everyone.

And, by taking a later flight - you get ample time to enjoy a late lunch of your choice, as even those lunch/snack box for those flying domestic in business or business-first/premium cabin don't get a decent one flying the tin can at 28,000 ft.

I honestly think you should do an early morning flight if possible you want as much time on vacation as possible!! My family travels a lot and we are always taking the early morning flights because its not as crowded in the airports as well. Have fun on your trip!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I honestly think you should do an early morning flight if possible you want as much time on vacation as possible!! My family travels a lot and we are always taking the early morning flights because its not as crowded in the airports as well. Have fun on your trip!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

The OP is seeking advice about returning home from vacation.