Price down %55 but no compansation from RCCL

sorry for missing picture

I don't know if it makes you feel any better, but if I tried to book the same cabin as a single traveler via the US website, it's more like $2400. Maybe they're offering some kind of regional special eliminating the single surcharge.

Since the drop is so high have you considered cancelling and rebooking? I don't know what the cancellation penalty is at 48 days out - I assume in the 25-50% range - even if 50%, you are better off canceling and rebooking. What country booking site is that price from?

Dear Friends,

Its long time i was member here but its my first thread. And the reason is to inform how bad Royal Caribbean handle customer relations.

I have a fully paid booking for the 29th May cruise of Harmony. A category D5 for 2.048 USD. The free cancellation date is already passed. When i searched for same cruise today on RCCL web site, i saw D4 category cabins are down to 930USD. Less than half what i paid.

I called Royal caribbean by knowing that i am not able to get my money back, but i was atleast expecting to get some OBC, etc. But the answer i get is NOTHING.

I have beed royal ro RCCL for several years, already have 7 bookings, will reach D+ after 2 cruises, but this situation let me think again about making a change.

I feel for you but unfortunately, them's the rules. Once you get past final payment date the price is what it is. Its a roll of the dice unfortunately for both you and the cruise line. We book early when we book and 9 times out of ten we get a great price that just goes up. For example, we booked the Regal Princess for the fall of 2016 last year. We got a great price - about $900USD for 2 people. Awesome price. Today its $2100USD. Now, after final payment they may want to sell the ship out and prices will drop - I may actually end up paying more but that's ok. The other option is for me to wait until final price drop and try and snag a deal but I don't want to roll the dice on that and take a chance so I won't. The choice is mine, I know the rules so I can't complain.

Having said that, when this happens I try to see what upgrades are there. You may be able to move up for the same price so give that a shot.