Credit Card - Different name than ID

SummerXU

My friend and I are leaving tomorrow and cruising on Wednesday.

Long story short: She's recently divorced and changed her name back to her maiden name. Her driver's license and new passport are in her maiden name. She just realized on Friday that she can't locate the only credit card she had in her maiden name. The only other credit card she has is still in her married name which, of course, doesn't match her passport/ID. Will Carnival accept this card? She has her divorce decree stating the name change that she could bring.

We've considered all of the other options (cash only S&S account, putting her on my account, etc) but we wanted to see if the card in her married name could possibly work.

Thanks!

When I printed my cruise documents, there was new sheet that was basically permission to use a card that didn't match the name on the folio. Since she IS still that person, just under a different name, she could technically just sign that form, giving herself permission to use the card...

Good luck!