Upgrade? Are you serious

golfer1903

Suites on carnival are NOTHING like suites NCL offers. Can't compare. Basically a suite on carnival is for extra space and priority boarding. Ncl suites offer much much more including a butler. Carnival doesn't come close with suites.

that butler on ncl doesn't come free though.

I've never found anything called a Grand Suite on any NCL ship. What cabin would that have been. POA doesn't even have an Garden Villa, so the only high level suites are the DOS and OS. Could it have been one of those???

I've seen that mentioned too by people (thinking maybe they were confused by another line like RCCL) and interestingly enough on our trip a couple weeks ago on the POA the concierge referred to the DOS as Grand Suite. So I was curious and walked by 12006 and it had that as the name on the door.

I've never found anything called a Grand Suite on any NCL ship. What cabin would that have been. POA doesn't even have an Garden Villa, so the only high level suites are the DOS and OS. Could it have been one of those???

Correct, it was the deluxe owner's suite with large balcony, class was SB. The room was 12006. I said Grand Suite (villa) because that is what the door plaque said and was commonly referred to by the staff. A bit more, I originally booked a balcony guaranteed room, which turned into an unobstructed balcony which then for another $1500 turned in the DOS w/LB.

Edited by BLK03GT

Lol no kidding the OP questioned the price for a suite upsell on NCL and was shocked at the price that's why I said what I said. Huge difference in suites between carnival and ncl.

nope, no kidding. you stated that ncl comes with extras like butlers and i simply pointed out that you pay extra for those butlers. if i were ever inclined to stay in a suite i would prefer not having the extra expense of a butler myself so to me, that's not a benefit. personally, i don't see much of a difference between a suite on ccl or on ncl......other than the butler.

nope, no kidding. you stated that ncl comes with extras like butlers and i simply pointed out that you pay extra for those butlers. if i were ever inclined to stay in a suite i would prefer not having the extra expense of a butler myself so to me, that's not a benefit. personally, i don't see much of a difference between a suite on ccl or on ncl......other than the butler.

all depends on what you want out of a cruise...

the priority embarkation/tendering/debarkation/diembarkation was huge for us, especially with little kids. The daily snacks was huge for the same reason - I hate trying to keep track of little ones in the buffet. Not having to pay for room service was nice, as was the extra space and 2nd bathroom. I loved Cagneys, as I hate crowds. having reserved seating in the theater was wonderful, And of course, the Haven courtyard/pool/hot tub/sundeck was priceless, again for the same reasons.

but that's me.

I dont like Carnival, it's too crowded and too party-all-the-time for me, personally.

Um. I missed the exclusive venue for breakfast and lunch on Carnival. Where is it?

The only Haven amenity is the access to Haven. All other suite perks are the same even if the suite (categories starting with S) is not a Haven suite (categories starting with H).

During the re-fits, many of the older ships are getting Haven-exclusive restaurants as well. Haven guests will dine there, while Suite guests will have Breakfast & Lunch at Cagney's still.

I just went through this today, as I booked an SF.

Stephen

During the re-fits, many of the older ships are getting Haven-exclusive restaurants as well. Haven guests will dine there, while Suite guests will have Breakfast & Lunch at Cagney's still.

Stephen

That sounds cool. Where did you find that information? I haven seen it yet, and I'd be interested to know which of the older ships will get that.

Stephen

Interesting but strange! The older ships have such a small Haven so that restaurant may have 0 guests some nights! They still need the staff in case someone decides to eat there.

How much is the butler?

There is no price as the availability of the butler is included in the suite price as a perk, but they are not covered by the daily service charges that cover room stewards, waiters in (compilmentary) restaurants, etc – so any tips/gratuities are left to your discretion.

Edited by Demonyte

That sounds cool. Where did you find that information? I haven seen it yet, and I'd be interested to know which of the older ships will get that.

Interesting but strange! The older ships have such a small Haven so that restaurant may have 0 guests some nights! They still need the staff in case someone decides to eat there.

Yep, this really is interesting - I started a new thread for this question as it is a major change:

Haven restaurant being built on Jewel class ships?

He just wants to argue for the sake of arguing. That's his thing

not even trying to argue. simply pointing out that not everyone craves exclusivity and to some people a butler.....and associated cost.....would actually make some people prefer carnival's suites over ncl's. you may think otherwise which is fine but there is nothing wrong with my opinion either. :cool:

btw, with 90 odd posts how can you determine what someone's 'thing' is :confused: rather presumptuous in my opinion.

Edited by Computer Nerd