2018 schedule

mrdrdoso

Very little posted after September/October 2017 as of now. EPIC, Getaway and Escape 7nt Caribbean along with Gem 10/11nt Caribbean and SKY 3/4nt Bahamas. Spirit Mediterranean too. All through March 2018

Pride of America also bookable through Spring of 2019 ... yes 2019 ....... for those SUPER advance planners out there!

NCL are keeping VERY quiet about the remaining ship deployments and when they might be announced. I have to wonder if they are watching booking patterns for this winter and may not announce until end of Q2, mid Q3 of this year. This delay may also bide them time with scheduling the last of the NCL EDGE drydocks, signing some pending charter business for winter 2017/18, etc

The average cruiser tends to book less than 6-8 months out, so they may not feel so compelled to deploy as early as in past years.

I was poking online earlier in the week and the person I chatted with on the NCL website told me that they "normally" post the cruises 18 months in advance. :( I really want to reschedule to a July 2018 cruise from the one I presently have scheduled for July 2016 but it looks like I'm going to have to just cancel and schedule again at another time.

Thanks for the input, I guess its a wait and see game for me. My husband has mobile dj business so I need to check dates well in advance so I have him free. I'm sorry you have to cancel your cruise, but waiting 2 years to go really stinks. Good luck

Very little posted after September/October 2017 as of now. EPIC, Getaway and Escape 7nt Caribbean along with Gem 10/11nt Caribbean and SKY 3/4nt Bahamas. Spirit Mediterranean too. All through March 2018

Pride of America also bookable through Spring of 2019 ... yes 2019 ....... for those SUPER advance planners out there!

NCL are keeping VERY quiet about the remaining ship deployments and when they might be announced. I have to wonder if they are watching booking patterns for this winter and may not announce until end of Q2, mid Q3 of this year. This delay may also bide them time with scheduling the last of the NCL EDGE drydocks, signing some pending charter business for winter 2017/18, etc

The average cruiser tends to book less than 6-8 months out, so they may not feel so compelled to deploy as early as in past years.

South America seems to be an exception to the 6-8 months out guideline you give. Private excursions on those itineraries sell out super fast and you just can't get the preferred penguin excursions if you aren't booking 18 months or more out.

We're looking to book South America for late 2017/early 2018. So far, Celebrity, Cunard, and MSC have announced those dates, as have Oceania, Regent and Silversea, although those three aren't really in my future. The Celebrity cruises look good and are selling. I've been waiting for Princess and NCL. Right now NCL has nothing past March 2017, 11 months out only. I will wait a bit more, but I won't wait until June. If NCL doesn't offer them by then, I'll be with somebody else.

Edited by old sole

• 2 weeks later...

We are also eagerly awaiting 2018 dates to be released. We want to plan a 40th anniversary tour of Asia. I have my eye on an 18 and 21 day cruise, but as yet they only have 2017. I was hoping to have the dates released by the memorial day sales, but it looks like the July 4th sales will be more in line...I hope:( Otherwise it will be a return to Celebrity for us.

I too was anxious to see if NCL would repeat its New Zealand to Singapore cruise in 2018. If they had, I would have booked it, even if I had to pay 200% to sail solo. Alas, Holland America has already posted a South Pacific Crossing for April 2018, so I booked it. Only 175% single supplement.

me too, i also purchase the cruise next deposits so when i get back from sailing i book my next one, and not next years but following I want to take my grandkids and want to see about dates and prices for the break, hopefully it will post soon. i have 2 future deposits i'm holding and want to book

I think they are making a mistake waiting so long. Maybe the typical cruiser books 6 to 12 months ahead but there are plenty of people like myself who book up to 24 months in advance.

South America seems to be an exception to the 6-8 months out guideline you give. Private excursions on those itineraries sell out super fast and you just can't get the preferred penguin excursions if you aren't booking 18 months or more out.

We're looking to book South America for late 2017/early 2018. So far, Celebrity, Cunard, and MSC have announced those dates, as have Oceania, Regent and Silversea, although those three aren't really in my future. The Celebrity cruises look good and are selling. I've been waiting for Princess and NCL. Right now NCL has nothing past March 2017, 11 months out only. I will wait a bit more, but I won't wait until June. If NCL doesn't offer them by then, I'll be with somebody else.

We are having the same issue- I'm nervous because the rooms on the other ships are filling and the excursions are going quick- I am really hoping them open soon!

When I sail in 3 weeks, I'd really like to buy a cruise next certificate, & book a May 2018 cruise while on board, in order to lock in the promos. It looks like that might not happen. However, I can just randomly book something for fall 2017 or whatever, and then change it once May 2018 opens up. When booking on board with cruise next, you can change it one time and still keep all promos.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

anyone know when the schedule for 2018 is posted? I'm looking at florida/bahamas out of nyc in may but nothing is shown yet, any help appreciated, TIA

I don't know the answer to your question, but I asked a similar question a few days ago: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2348788

I found a site where you can set up alerts for when they add sailings. Short read and you'll figure it out.

• 4 weeks later...