Fitbit usage

DJW8385

Good evening,

I have a Fitbit Blaze and wanted to know who sailed with their Fitbit? I want to keep track of my steps during my cruise but I believe I wouldn't be able to sink with my Fitbit app until I connect to the wifi at the ports or pay for the internet aboard. I know I do a lot of walking during my cruises. Who was successful in meeting the 10k steps/day while sailing? My cruise isn't until August 13th on the Carnival Splendor

I've taken both the Fitbit Flex and the Fitbit Charge. I wasn't able to sync but with the flex I set it for a higher goal (I think 12.5k or 15k) and just happy when it vibrated. With the Charge, I would just check the screen to see my progress.

The one problem you will run into, or at least I did with my old fitbit one and charge HR is because of the ship bouncing up and down it'll say you have done 250+ flights of stairs in a day

The one problem you will run into, or at least I did with my old fitbit one and charge HR is because of the ship bouncing up and down it'll say you have done 250+ flights of stairs in a day

Haven't yet had that problem myself.

My husband and I sailed with a one and a charge hr. Ours also recorded tons of flights of stairs but once we were on our way home the steps did sync with our phone apps for the whole 8 days.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This was my experience as well, and I think it jacked up the algorithm because it continued to give me ridiculous # of floors after that.

Good evening,

I have a Fitbit Blaze and wanted to know who sailed with their Fitbit? I want to keep track of my steps during my cruise but I believe I wouldn't be able to sink with my Fitbit app until I connect to the wifi at the ports or pay for the internet aboard. I know I do a lot of walking during my cruises. Who was successful in meeting the 10k steps/day while sailing? My cruise isn't until August 13th on the Carnival Splendor

My Flex synced everyday to my iPad - without wifi - via the blue tooth.

If that's not an option - as others have said - the Fitbit will store at least a weeks worth of activity that will transfer then next time you sync with your phone or computer.

I have a Garmin vivosmart and the only problem I had was at home I charged it once a week but on the ship I needed to charge it mid week and of course guess what I couldn't find :) But I was getting in about 20-30k steps in a day on the ship/ports but I am also one to take the stairs instead. Now this last trip I did not really lay out by the pool since I was chasing the kids around for some insane reason so that also helped keep me going. It was funny because a couple nights I was up past midnight so I would look down and wonder why I hardly moved that day around 1am :)

My wife and I usually walk 30 miles each week. She has a Fitbit and knows from experience that our walk takes about 2000 steps per mile. When we're on a cruise we walk for 1 hour outside in the morning which is about 4 miles at our pace or 8000 steps, and then we walk 30 minutes on the treadmill in the afternoon for another 2 miles or 4000 steps. If you know your pace and distance at home you should be able to estimate pretty accurately your steps while on the cruise.

I used my Charge HR on my Oct 2015(Valor) with no problems. Synced everyday by Bluetooth. Used the same Charge HR in Feb 2016(Glory). It synced the first 2 days but not after that.

Leaving in 3 days on the Sunshine with my Fitbit Blaze. Will keep you posted.

I have a Fitbit Surge and I bought wifi while on board Pride in March - No issues syncing. Also have had my Fitbit (can't remember which model) while in Europe 2 summers ago and on a cruise last year with no syncing - it did sync up when I got home.

I'm new to the Fitbit thing. I have a Fitbit One, because I don't want to sacrifice wearing a regular watch... I have the app on my main computer, but since it seems to send my data - somewhere - and sends me a weekly summary by email, would it be reasonable to think I could load the app on my travel laptop and sync it there? Since it stores data for a week, I could sync early in the cruise, then not until I get home. All the date would be in the app and appear on my main computer... No, I don't have a smart phone. EM

I have a FitBit Charge HR and I use the app on my phone (it's an iPhone 6 if that makes a difference). Will I have to buy the Premium Internet Plan on the ship to be able to sync it with the app every day (or every couple of days) or would one of the lesser internet lans work? I'm doing a B2B and the 1st half is 13 Days and the 2nd half is 11 Days so I can't wait to sync until I get home because I don't think it stores info for that long. What would be my best option? If what ship it is makes a difference, I'm sailing on the Vista.

I have a FitBit Charge HR and I use the app on my phone (it's an iPhone 6 if that makes a difference). Will I have to buy the Premium Internet Plan on the ship to be able to sync it with the app every day (or every couple of days) or would one of the lesser internet lans work? I'm doing a B2B and the 1st half is 13 Days and the 2nd half is 11 Days so I can't wait to sync until I get home because I don't think it stores info for that long. What would be my best option? If what ship it is makes a difference, I'm sailing on the Vista.

No - the Fitbit syncs using bluetooth - no need for internet just to sync the Fitbit.