best place to eat when first getting on the ship

we are in an suite, so we should be able to get on the ship somewhat fast? on Oasis where is the fastest resturant to get to, too have lunch?

does the SL serve food on day 1?

is the CK open for lunch on day 1?

DL serve food?

we want to sit down, relax and eat..and wait with our carry-ons for our room to open

Edited by sisocialworker

we are in an suite, so we should be able to get on the ship somewhat fast? on Oasis where is the fastest resturant to get to, too have lunch?

does the SL serve food on day 1?

is the CK open for lunch on day 1?

DL serve food?

we want to sit down, relax and eat..and wait with our carry-ons for our room to open

The suite lounge has a small buffet with some snacks. CK is not open for lunch on day 1. DL does not serve food at lunch.

Probably the most relaxing place to eat would be Giovanni's Table, but that is extra cost.

Other "free" places: Solarium Cafe, Wipeout Cafe, Boardwalk Doghouse, Park Cafe, Vitality Cafe, Cafe Promenade, Sorrento's, Windjammer. Of those places, my guess for the most relaxing would be the Solarium Cafe.

Edited by clarea

The suite lounge has a small buffet with some snacks. CK is not open for lunch on day 1. DL does not serve food at lunch.

Probably the most relaxing place to eat would be Giovanni's Table, but that is extra cost.

Other "free" places: Solarium Cafe, Wipeout Cafe, Boardwalk Doghouse, Park Cafe, Vitality Cafe, Cafe Promenade, Sorrento's, Windjammer. Of those places, my guess for the most relaxing would be the Solarium Cafe.

thanks...you are the go to person ;) do you have a link for the lunch menu at Giovanni? thanks

thanks I also searched the board and found your other post to this same question, saw the menu but not the price...how much is lunch? vs dinner....thanks again

Not sure, probably $15 or $20.

So Oasis still has the old menu? We were just on Liberty and there is a new menu. There were some interesting things on the new menu, but we miss some of our favorites from the old menu. Lasagna is not on the new lunch or dinner menu, but they will prepare it for you with 24 hours notice.

So Oasis still has the old menu? We were just on Liberty and there is a new menu. There were some interesting things on the new menu, but we miss some of our favorites from the old menu. Lasagna is not on the new lunch or dinner menu, but they will prepare it for you with 24 hours notice.

what was the cost for lunch? do you have a copy of the new menu? thanks

I don't know if Oasis has the same menu as is on the website. I do know that some ships deviate completely from the lunch menu and do their own thing. I trhink we last experienced that on Liberty last year.

what was the cost for lunch? do you have a copy of the new menu? thanks

on the Allure it was $15 sorry don't have menu

Also it doesn't open till 12 noon

Another option if you don't mind paying is Sabor

they open at 1130a

Not as crowded as central park and they have great guac

Edited by jonbgd

Please, please, please...wherever you choose to eat lunch on embarkation day, please vacate the table when you are finished eating and allow the table to be turned over to other guest who are waiting to eat. You can sit anywhere else beside a restaurant (solarium, pool area, Boardwalk, Central Park, lounges, etc) with your carry-ons to wait for your room to open.

Please, please, please...wherever you choose to eat lunch on embarkation day, please vacate the table when you are finished eating and allow the table to be turned over to other guest who are waiting to eat. You can sit anywhere else beside a restaurant (solarium, pool area, Boardwalk, Central Park, lounges, etc) with your carry-ons to wait for your room to open.

yes...one reason we may go to SL instead...we can stay there as long as we want

GREAT ADVICE!!! Frustrating seeing people walking around with food, desperate for a place to set while others are just occupying tables and chairs for a seat. A little courtesy goes a long way.

I don't know if Oasis has the same menu as is on the website. I do know that some ships deviate completely from the lunch menu and do their own thing. I trhink we last experienced that on Liberty last year.

I was on Liberty in November when it was still Portofino's. I was surprised to see a totally different menu (they said it was new) when we were on last month. Very different from all the menus I've seen recently at GTs. I wish I had taken a picture of the menu.

• 2 weeks later...

Is Giovanni's open every day for lunch? We will be on the Oasis starting July 2nd. I've been waiting for our friends booking # so I could make dinner reservations for the 4 of us. Of course, nothing is available all week. :-( Lunch would be a great option. Is it just walk up, no ressies?

Is Giovanni's open every day for lunch? We will be on the Oasis starting July 2nd. I've been waiting for our friends booking # so I could make dinner reservations for the 4 of us. Of course, nothing is available all week. :-( Lunch would be a great option. Is it just walk up, no ressies?

We've found that we can just walk up for lunch at Giovanni's.

We've found that we can just walk up for lunch at Giovanni's.

Thank's, Bob! Do you happen to know their lunch hours? I can't find anything about lunch at Giovanni's on RC's website.

Thank's, Bob! Do you happen to know their lunch hours? I can't find anything about lunch at Giovanni's on RC's website.

What ship and itinerary? I may have a link to a Cruise Compass.

We must be a rarity...eating isn't the 1st thing we do on a cruise! We eat a late breakfast before heading to the ship, so we don't have to eat right away! Most hotels have an 11am check-out...so we eat a good breakfast...check out, and head to the ship, and the pool! A "start the vacation" drink, and some sun....plenty to snack on later, if we feel the need!

We must be a rarity...eating isn't the 1st thing we do on a cruise! We eat a late breakfast before heading to the ship, so we don't have to eat right away! Most hotels have an 11am check-out...so we eat a good breakfast...check out, and head to the ship, and the pool! A "start the vacation" drink, and some sun....plenty to snack on later, if we feel the need!

We don't have the option of a late breakfast. We have a very early morning flight to FLL from Charlotte. By the time we actually get on the ship my 2 sons (ages 12 and 16) will be ready to gnaw their own arms off [emoji16]. Therefore we plan on heading straight to Sabor for a restful meal away from the chaos of the windjammer and park cafe. Hopefully by the time we finish lunch our cabins will be ready and we can drop off our carry on bags and explore the ship.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app