Clamato Juice

We recently were on the Oasis from March 5 to March 12 and on the 4th day (March 9) they informed us that they had run out of Clamato Juice. They said to us this has never happended before.!! No more Ceasers....No more beer and clam. Just curious if this has happened to anyone else? Obviously we are Canadians and enjoy our Clamato. We did pay for the ultimate package...$700.00 CDN each.

Edited by Gimlicruiser16

We recently were on the Oasis from March 5 to March 12 and on the 4th day (March 9) they informed us that they had run out of Clamato Juice. They said to us this has never happended before.!!

You had THAT much Clamato juice during the first 3 days?? :D (Sorry, could not resist.)

I'm Canadian and I've honestly never had Clamato juice**...not sure if I would like it or not (I'm not much of a drinker, though).

**Do I need to renounce my citizenship now? I can't ice skate, either...

I remember last year on Liberty, I really liked the description of the "BLT Mary" and just had the bartender make a "BLT Caesar" instead. I had a few of those :D YUMMY

dp

Edited by dpostman

is that the seafood tomato juice- if so it must be Canada's equivelent of uk marmite (following from the marmite thread) yuk!!!!- It has to be the worst drink/juice/ liquid (including meds) I have ever put in my mouth - and I like seafood . So I kindly won't use any of it up for you:D

We recently were on the Oasis from March 5 to March 12 and on the 4th day (March 9) they informed us that they had run out of Clamato Juice. They said to us this has never happended before.!! No more Ceasers....No more beer and clam. Just curious if this has happened to anyone else? Obviously we are Canadians and enjoy our Clamato. We did pay for the ultimate package...$700.00 CDN each.

they do not as general rule keep a lot on hand to begin with, and if there is a run on drinks that use it, it does indeed happen.

did you frequent only one bar? it is also possible that THAT bar ran out and the bar manager was either too lazy to go hunt more down or didn't realize that a lone can was stashed in some dark corner somewhere.

And, no, it has nothing to do with marmite.....a different animal altogether.

Rick

I don't think FRAGILEK was saying that Clamato was similar to Marmite but rather that marmite was a product that is unique to the UK as Clamato is unique to Canada... did that make any sense? I'm re-reading my statement and I'm not quite sure. It's Friday night steak night here and had a few++ drinks with it :D

Gotta keep up the tolerance to make sure I get my money's worth out of my next ultimate package :p

dp

Edited by dpostman

So glad to hear others enjoy clamato, too. My husband thinks I'm weird for liking it. Maybe I'm secretly Canadian?

I should also state that I also really like Caesars, but if you are one of those people that watch things like salt content, then you have to limit the clamato intake. there is over 1000mg of sodium in the average bloody caesar plus you have to add the rimming seasoning into that equation...:eek:

dp

Maybe it was March Break for some? I don't expect to be able to get a good Caesar anywhere in the US and would never have thought to order one, that's too bad you had them and then they disappeared!

Mmmmm extra rimmer for me. And crazy garnishes :-).

I also bring a few cans of Clamato juice, just in case the bar runs out.

Born American, spent 5 years going to school in Canada, and my mother was British. I drink tea, not coffee, and Bloody Caesars, not Bloody Mary's!

And, at my age, no one will be convincing me otherwise!!:D:D

Great discussion!

Rick