Fort Lauderdale hotel near port

hockeygal54

We are looking for one night post cruise. I like the Renaissance because it looks like it will be close enough to catch the water taxi and do a little something if we still have the energy after our cruise.

Does anyone know how much a taxi or shuttle to the airport will be from here?

We are going to FLL mid November to board the Regal on a Sunday. We would like a nice hotel for the nite prior. I'm not talking a fancy resort but not a Motel 6 either. Prefer a place with Pier shuttle and nice places to eat.

We've stayed at the Hampton Inn (called FLL Airport North) a few times. will pick you up at airport & shuttle you to ship - no charge. Will also shuttle you to dinner and pick you up. Couple good restaurants nearby. Also across the street from a strip mall for you last minutes and wine.

We are looking for one night post cruise. I like the Renaissance because it looks like it will be close enough to catch the water taxi and do a little something if we still have the energy after our cruise.

Does anyone know how much a taxi or shuttle to the airport will be from here?

Taxi should be around $15.

We wouldn't recommend EMBASSY SUITES as room AC kept it at a toasty 85 degrees!

This past December we stayed at

Hilton Garden Inn Ft. Lauderdale Airport-Cruise Port

180 SW 18th Avenue, Dania, FL 33004

Nice accommodations and would definitely stay there again. Complimentary airport-hotel shuttle. Complimentary shuttle to nearby restaurants after 4pm.

Within walking distance of

Oakwood Plaza shopping area.

We took a taxi to the port for about $20.

Second Embassy Suites.

Third Embassy Suites. I am a solo sailor and feel very comfortable there. As has been said, you can walk to everything.

I am on the Regal repo and we arrive that Sunday when the OP boards. I have been checking airfares home to New Jersey for that Sunday, and they are astronomical! The hotels have been high as well. There is a boat show that weekend and all rates have been adjusted accordingly. I am considering staying on for the Western Caribbean sailing the OP is on, as it is an amazing 7 day itinerary. Might be cheaper than getting a hotel that Sunday or flying home that day! LOL

Maureen

Another hotel to check is Hyatt Place (17th St Convention Center, but really on 10th). We got a decent rate for the end of February this year through a website mentioned on the Florida Departures board. Near a Publix & shopping center. Would definitely stay there again if we could get another deal!

We wouldn't recommend EMBASSY SUITES as room AC kept it at a toasty 85 degrees!

This past December we stayed at

Hilton Garden Inn Ft. Lauderdale Airport-Cruise Port

180 SW 18th Avenue, Dania, FL 33004

Nice accommodations and would definitely stay there again. Complimentary airport-hotel shuttle. Complimentary shuttle to nearby restaurants after 4pm.

Within walking distance of

Oakwood Plaza shopping area.

We took a taxi to the port for about $20.

That's where we're staying for our upcoming cruise. We're getting in late - again so we'll probably just take a taxi to the hotel. Nice to know about the shuttles to restaurants. Thanks for the nice comment about this hotel.

There is a boat show that weekend and all rates have been adjusted accordingly. I am considering staying on for the Western Caribbean sailing the OP is on, as it is an amazing 7 day itinerary. Might be cheaper than getting a hotel that Sunday or flying home that day! LOL

Maureen

Boat show weekend (1st weekend in November; this year Nov 3 - 7) is the busiest weekend of the year for Fort Lauderdale hotels. If you do decide to disembark then, find a hotel ASAP because the prices will increase the closer you get to November and they will sell out.

Another hotel to check is Hyatt Place (17th St Convention Center, but really on 10th). We got a decent rate for the end of February this year through a website mentioned on the Florida Departures board. Near a Publix & shopping center. Would definitely stay there again if we could get another deal!

The website is http://www.valuetrips.com.

We are going to FLL mid November to board the Regal on a Sunday. We would like a nice hotel for the nite prior. I'm not talking a fancy resort but not a Motel 6 either. Prefer a place with Pier shuttle and nice places to eat.

We've stayed at Hyatt place 5 times now and love it. We don't care for the crowds at Embassy Suites at all. We're currently at the Riverside Hotel for the first time and loving it! We got it for $109 on Hotwire 3 weeks prior to our cruise. I always book a backup hotel and if prices should drop, then I rebook OR wait to bid on HW or PL

The good thing about Hyatt is the free shuttle service from airport. They circle every 30 mins or so. Because the hotel Is smaller, we've never experienced bad crowds at Fll to get on the shuttle, but embassy suites had a hoard of people waiting and not enough shuttles, it appeared.

Caution about taking the shuttle to the port: we used the shuttle for $7 pp to go to our ship and regretted our decision very much. We sometimes take a cab and sometimes a shuttle. But this past week there were 7 ships in port and the driver dropped us princess cruisers off last, so a 5-10 min trip turned into a 45 min trip.

I recommend the shuttle only if there will be a couple ships in port.

Lesson learned

Edited by 4cats4me

Thanks for the info! Fortunately we're not going during boat show, it's the following weekend. Totally agree getting taxi to port is much cheaper and more convenient. Not opposed to walking either if it's flat terrain.

Hoofing it would depend on just where your ship will be docked and how much luggage you'll have. The pier area is very extensive.