Fort Lauderdale hotel near port

hockeygal54

You'll get better information if you post this request in the Florida departure boards. Lot's of people asking/answering the same question there.

Would suggest you also be specific about the dates and the amount of your acceptable price range. Hotels near the port can run upwards of $200 to $300 and up. Also, are you flying or driving?

Edited by RocketMan275

We are going to FLL mid November to board the Regal on a Sunday. We would like a nice hotel for the nite prior. I'm not talking a fancy resort but not a Motel 6 either. Prefer a place with Pier shuttle and nice places to eat.

There are a half dozen hotels on or just off of S.E. 17th St. that meet your requirements. You can search them easily on line. Most hotels have a pay shuttle to the pier that can cost between $8 and $12/pp. A taxi for two from any of these S.E. 17th St. hotels is right around $10 for two, and you don't have to deal with other drop off points at the pier. There are lots of dining selections within walking distance from these hotels.

We are going to FLL mid November to board the Regal on a Sunday. We would like a nice hotel for the nite prior. I'm not talking a fancy resort but not a Motel 6 either. Prefer a place with Pier shuttle and nice places to eat.

The Pillars is an excellent place to commence your comparison search.

We always stay at the holiday inn Express on 17th. They have free shuttle from airport to hotel. don't take the shuttle too the ship just get a cab its cheaper for 2 people. should cost a cab around $10 to $15 with tip.

Before we boarded The Regal 2 weeks ago, we spent the night at TheAirport/Cruiseport Inn 1800 S. Fed. Hwy. No complaints & I'd reccommend it. Nice clean room, friendly staff, cont. break. incl. They have an airport shuttle, but we just got a cab -$15. Also have a shuttle to port for $6/head, which we got - no problems. Best rate i could get was $169 thru hotwire. Rates are jacked up the nights before cruise departures, but what can you do?

Another vote for the Marriott Renaissance on 17th. Bimini Boatyard restaurant is next door, with other restaurants within walking distance. There's a Wallgreen's right across the street for those forgotten little things, or munchie attacks. One entrance to the pier area is across the street, but the main entrance is just a short cab ride away.

Bimini Boatyard restaurant is next door, with other restaurants within walking distance.

Bimini Boatyard closed more than a year ago and a new restaurant (new management, renovated space, new menu but still has the Bimini bread, and higher prices) opened in its place in October: Boatyard (http://boatyard.restaurant/).

Edited by capriccio

And another vote for The Marriott Renaissance--have stayed there twice. Also the Hilton practically around the corner from it and right on the bay; and also the Embassy Suites on 17th just down the street from the Renaissance. All very convenient to good restaurants, shops, a Walgreen's, and a water taxi depot right under the 17th St. bridge.

We like the Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina; you wake up to your ship in front of you (if you book a water view tower room).

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We had reservations for a water view tower room and because we got in late they gave our room to someone else. We sucked hind teat on that one. Therefore, I refuse to stay at that hotel again. Their housekeeping IMHO isn't up to par. They knocked on our door and wanted to know if we wanted fresh towels. I said yes. The housekeeper went back to her cart and handed me towels. WTH!:eek:

Capriccio:

Thanks for the update. Someone, on another thread, mentioned Bimini so I thought it was "still goin' strong". I always thought it was pretty expensive for what you got. Guess since it was near the hotel they felt they had a captive audience.

LA Quinta Hollywood is a popular spot. They have free shuttle from the airport and a shuttle to the port at a nominal charge - $10 pp maybe? We've stayed there several times. Its a short walk to the K-Mart too for those last minute items and there are several restaurants near the KMart as well.

Here's the link to the hotel:

https://www.tripadvisor.ca/Hotel_Review-g34296-d87327-Reviews-La_Quinta_Inn_Suites_Ft_Lauderdale_Airport-Hollywood_Florida.html

Here's a link to the map of the area - you can see how close the restaurants and shopping are is.

https://www.google.ca/maps/place/La+Quinta+Inn+%26+Suites+Ft.+Lauderdale+Airport/@26.0378553,-80.1617043,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m2!3m1!1s0x88d9aa4b4fc70c83:0x19dd6a017a7c0513

Edited by nbsjcruiser

Hilton Marina is a nice hotel. You could walk to ship if you wanted too.

Capriccio:

Thanks for the update. Someone, on another thread, mentioned Bimini so I thought it was "still goin' strong". I always thought it was pretty expensive for what you got. Guess since it was near the hotel they felt they had a captive audience.

We went to the "new" Boatyard a week after it opened while staying at the Renaissance last fall. It is more trendy and definitely overpriced for what you got. We paid the $4 for the Bimini bread and it was a bit stale. The fish was OK but small portions for the outsized prices. Don't think we would go back again.