Aft Balcony Cabin Tour

masterty

I love the aft balcony's on ships. They have a balcony groups can use to play games on and even have 3 or more couples enjoy dinner on one. Usually extra large, fully covered and shielded from the weather when underway.

[YOUTUBE]KGDy0HVYhC8[/YOUTUBE]

Love the aft-facing balconies. We booked C752 on the same ship and turned down an upsell to a mini for very little less in order to keep the cabin. We were very happy we did. Our balcony was smaller but the total footage listed is larger so I'm guessing our cabin size was a bit larger. My wife absolutely loved the aft-facing balcony. I think it was her favorite cabin to date. Having the wake right off of the balcony was wonderful. One night I got up in the middle of the night to use the restroom and, instead of returning directly to bed, I sat out on the balcony enjoying the full moon over the wake for a while.

We also have C752 on the Grand reserved for this July to Alaska. We're traveling with three other couples and wondering if our balcony is large enough to have the Ultimate Balcony Dinner for all four couples on it?

Edited by partzguy

On our last cruise on the Caribbean Princess, I booked my 91yr young Mom in her favorite room, E735. She's had the room on the Saphire and loved it. That room is a premium cat balcony. I booked lowest cat guarantee balcony at airliner interline rate.

I checked my personalizer about a month out and thought I had logged into Moms as I saw room E734. While sitting on the balcony with Mom pre sail she mentioned the door that led through the maint area( actually it's a ventilation grate of some sort and there is only a small rusted shut door) and said it was unlocked. Sure enough, I could walk between her room and mine. The hallway was 112 steps to go between rooms.

She really enjoys the aft facing rooms. She likes to leave her sliding door open and listen to the wake. At 91, noise isn't much of a player.

My wife and I did enjoy the big balcony( first cruise on Princess not in a mini), but I prefer sitting and looking out at a bigger panoramic view.

Noise and vibration are soothing to me. 37yrs as a commercial pilot, silence is bad.

Tim

We also have C752 on the Grand reserved for this July to Alaska. We're traveling with three other couples and wondering if our balcony is large enough to have the Ultimate Balcony Dinner for all four couples on it?

I can not answer for C752 I have been told it is slightly shorter in length. Based on my best guest. Absolutely you can have 4 couples on the balcony we had. They simply brought down an 8 foot table and folding chairs. I had tons of pictures but left that camera in the Crown on the final night. I didn't learn the waiter had called until I got home and the young girl babysitting on board for us said "Oh yea he called and said you left your camera". None the less Princess HQ has no camera turned in and I lost all my photos from that dinner.

Yes. Do a 4 couple ultimate at sunset sail away. No wind and great photos. Each couple receives a photo. I do have that one picture.