Recommended Seattle Hotels

lsm914

Hi everyone,

My sister, nieces and I will be traveling on the June 11th Norwegian Jewel Alaska cruise and are looking for a hotel in Seattle for one night. We would like a hotel that has transportation from the airport and then to the pier. Does anyone have any recommendations. Thanks.

We stayed at the Edgewater Hotel. Beautiful location.

Its right on the water and next to some of the piers. Depending on the pier you could possibly walk in under 5 minutes.

Norwegian uses Pier 66 downtown; other lines use Pier 91 which is a couple of miles to the north, with no hotels nearby.

The Marriott Waterfront is across the street from the Pier 66 terminal; the Edgewater is a few hundred yards north, but on the same side of the street as the cruise terminal.

There are many other downtown hotels, from which a taxi to Pier 66 will be $10 - $15. No downtown hotels offer free shuttles from the airport and none to the cruise terminal that I'm aware of. A taxi or towncar from the airport to any downtown hotel will cost $40-$50, or you can ride a light rail train from the airport to a downtown station (several) for $3 but will have to manage your luggage to the airport station and from the downtown station to your hotel, and it will take twice as long as a cab or towncar. There are also shared shuttle vans from the airport to downtown, however often the price for two passengers in these will come close to the taxi rate, but without the convenience and speed.

I stayed at Hotel Andra. Wonderful boutique hotel. Walked all over. Attached restaurant, Lola was fantastic.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Glad to hear, we will be staying there 5/25 for two nights before our RCL cruise. Do you have any tips or recommendations for our stay?

• 3 weeks later...
Hi everyone,

My sister, nieces and I will be traveling on the June 11th Norwegian Jewel Alaska cruise and are looking for a hotel in Seattle for one night. We would like a hotel that has transportation from the airport and then to the pier. Does anyone have any recommendations. Thanks.

If you’ll not be in Seattle long enough to sightsee, you can spend the night near the airport and take a shuttle in the next morning. Hotel prices are better at the airport. Radisson, near the airport entrance, has shuttle service to the pier for $14 per person.

What Glaciers just said - we couldn't hack the downtown hotel prices so we're staying out at the airport and taking a shuttle in the morning. After the cruise I'm heading home, but my sister and her friends will spend the day in downtown before going to the airport for a late evening flight.

Roz

I can also recommend the Marriott Waterfront. As has been noted, NCL ships dock at the pier across the street from the hotel. Also, across the street from the hotel is the Anthony's Pier 66 Restaurant complex with 3 dining venues from which to choose.

Hi everyone,

lsm914, welcome to the forums.

What time are you arriving on June 10th? What is your hotel budget?

There are no downtown hotels that provide shuttles to the airport, it is way to far.

The advice to stay by the airport is pretty good advice if a) you get in too late on June 10th to enjoy the Downtown area (Pike Place, etc) or b) you have a low budget.