Smoking on Balconies Adventurer of the Seas

Hi,

I'm booking a cruise on Adventure of the Seas and we are planning a balcony but I'm worried about people smoking on balconies, is this a problem? Is it enforced? I have asthma and would be very bothered by it.

Thank you!

Edited by jlszarejko

Hi,

I'm booking a cruise on Adventurer of the Seas and we are planning a balcony but I'm worried about people smoking on balconies, is this a problem? Is it enforced? I have asthma and would be very bothered by it.

Thank you!

We have not found it to be much of a problem. The couple of times we have had someone next door smoking, we called security and they took care of it.

There is no way to know if it will be a problem or not, really. You may have many neighbors who respect the no smoking rule, and one neighbor some decks away who doesn't. You can report smokers. But I really wouldn't worry about it since it doesn't change anything leading up to your cruise. :)

There is no way to know if it will be a problem or not, really. You may have many neighbors who respect the no smoking rule, and one neighbor some decks away who doesn't. You can report smokers. But I really wouldn't worry about it since it doesn't change anything leading up to your cruise. :)

We've had problems with it more than once. I recommend you have video evidence when you report it. And I don't recommend you address the smokers personally. If it continues, keep reporting it and/or request a different cabin.

We've had problems with it more than once. I recommend you have video evidence when you report it. And I don't recommend you address the smokers personally. If it continues, keep reporting it and/or request a different cabin.

Thank you I will. I hope people will do the right thing but I can only hope.

Unfortunately, there are a few smokers who feel they are entitled to do what they want. They have no concern for others health let alone for their own. I am guessing that those entitled (not) people are a very few compared to all the smokers who abide by the rules. The others posters have some good info if the problem comes up. Hopefully it won't and you will have a very good cruise.

If I can figure out who it is I rat them out, but beyond adjacent cabins or one or two directly below, it's tough to figure who the offender is. I was successful in busting a couple of heavy smokers two cabins forward of me one time because they placed the bowl they were using as an ashtray on the floor of their balcony and I could see it when I leaned over to peer under the partition. Luckily the people in the adjacent cabin were not on their balcony - but they were annoyed by the smokers as well but just hadn't gone to any effort to report it. It was a long cruise and I took action early on. I did run into the walking chimneys in the corridor a few times and if there was a lineup to pick out the heavy smokers, they would be the standouts.:eek: