Allure Report - 16 Months in the Making

LuCruise, Thank you for taking the time to share your vacation! I have a question. You mentioned in the beginning about the stairs confusion to get to your room. I am not sure I understand the layout as I have only sailed Disney where all the decks you can walk from front to aft on the same deck. Can you explain the Allure setup more? Thank you so much!

Thanks for reading. For the stairs/layout, I'm not sure if it's like this on all decks but we were on deck 7, which is one deck above the Boardwalk. So will try to explain what I mean by picture...

We were in room 7191. I've highlighted both sets of stairs.

Deck%207_Stairs_zps3q1risff.png

If you are say on deck 6 and want to walk up the stairs to deck 7, it's better to take the stairs at the front of the ship (top of the picture - at Amber theatre side). If on those stairs, we took the stairs on the right, then we could walk right across from room 7560 to 7160. But if we took the stairs that are closer to the back of the ship (bottom of the picture - at Aqua theatre and dining room end), then if we came up on the stairs on the right side (near 7654), then our room was at the wrong side of the hall. At this end of the ship, you cannot walk across the hall since it is open to the Boardwalk level and you would have to walk all the way up the hall on the right, then across the floor at the top stairs at the front of the ship, and then back down to our room at 7191.

Not a big deal, but it was always like "ugh....." when we realized we took the stairs on the wrong side. It took us a few days to figure this out and so then, we would face ourselves to the Amber theatre and take the stairs on the left. But this may just be on our level since we are above the Boardwalk which is open because of the higher ceilings.

Oh wow, I understand now. Thank you for the picture and detailed response. That would have totally thrown me off too! Thanks again for sharing your vacation with us, I enjoy reading through it and learned a lot too!

Thanks for reading. For the stairs/layout, I'm not sure if it's like this on all decks but we were on deck 7, which is one deck above the Boardwalk. So will try to explain what I mean by picture...

We were in room 7191. I've highlighted both sets of stairs.

Deck%207_Stairs_zps3q1risff.png

If you are say on deck 6 and want to walk up the stairs to deck 7, it's better to take the stairs at the front of the ship (top of the picture - at Amber theatre side). If on those stairs, we took the stairs on the right, then we could walk right across from room 7560 to 7160. But if we took the stairs that are closer to the back of the ship (bottom of the picture - at Aqua theatre and dining room end), then if we came up on the stairs on the right side (near 7654), then our room was at the wrong side of the hall. At this end of the ship, you cannot walk across the hall since it is open to the Boardwalk level and you would have to walk all the way up the hall on the right, then across the floor at the top stairs at the front of the ship, and then back down to our room at 7191.

Not a big deal, but it was always like "ugh....." when we realized we took the stairs on the wrong side. It took us a few days to figure this out and so then, we would face ourselves to the Amber theatre and take the stairs on the left. But this may just be on our level since we are above the Boardwalk which is open because of the higher ceilings.

Thanks for showing that. We were on a smaller ship that had a similar situation for us. And we are on deck 7 this time. :)

Good question. Never even noticed but I'm looking at the compasses now and for dinner it specifies either "Formal Attire", "Casual Attire", or "Casual or ALL WHITE Attire" (only one occurrence), but never noticed the difference. Overall it specifies 'no swimsuits, robes, bare feet, tank tops, baseball hats and pool wear'. Overall, people were pretty casual and I never saw an issue.

Read somewhere else that they had a "All White Dance".

Thanks for showing that. We were on a smaller ship that had a similar situation for us. And we are on deck 7 this time. :)

Funny enough, yesterday (after my post with the picture) I read on someone else's Allure post that it's just a deck 7 thing due to the Boardwalk being higher. So doesn't sound like it's an "issue" for staterooms on other decks.

Funny enough, yesterday (after my post with the picture) I read on someone else's Allure post that it's just a deck 7 thing due to the Boardwalk being higher. So doesn't sound like it's an "issue" for staterooms on other decks.

Thanks LuCruise for the info:)

I can see myself in you, LuCruise [emoji1]

Well, not entirely, I'm 30, no kids, but with 16 months waiting, reading reviews and drooling on everyones pictures of Allure of the seas.

We booked our very first cruise on June last year. And we still have 4 months to wait [emoji1]

Countdown started at over 400 days, and today it's 118 days.

I'm on page five now on this great review. Thank you for the great photos! Will continue reading other day. Now it's sleep time.

I can see myself in you, LuCruise [emoji1]

Well, not entirely, I'm 30, no kids, but with 16 months waiting, reading reviews and drooling on everyones pictures of Allure of the seas.

We booked our very first cruise on June last year. And we still have 4 months to wait [emoji1]

Countdown started at over 400 days, and today it's 118 days.

I'm on page five now on this great review. Thank you for the great photos! Will continue reading other day. Now it's sleep time.

That sounds familiar. When you book so far in advance, 4 months is not so far off. ;)

Very exciting...and there are a few reviews / post with Allure photos recently which is great during the wait. Let me know if any questions.

That sounds familiar. When you book so far in advance, 4 months is not so far off. ;)

Very exciting...and there are a few reviews / post with Allure photos recently which is great during the wait. Let me know if any questions.

Thank you for your review! I just finished it (and missed a good sleep time [emoji6]).

Couple of questions.

How does the towel 'check out' work? Where are the places to grap a towel for pool or port? Or can you take the towels from your cabin?

Is there a place where to take your food tray after eating (in buffet) or is there someone who collects the dishes while you're eating your second plate? [emoji1]

I think I need to make changes for our entertainment schedule.. It won't be very good, if there are only 15 minutes between the two shows, am I right?

But I don't want to go to the show at 3.30 on sea day.. And I want to see them all [emoji1]

Well. I need to go to sleep now. Will return later with more questions [emoji846]

Just completed our documents and have a question about Luggage Tags. Where do we get luggage tags. It show example on our documents. Do we use our own luggage tags and put the stateroom, deck and allure in our own tags

Just completed our documents and have a question about Luggage Tags. Where do we get luggage tags. It show example on our documents. Do we use our own luggage tags and put the stateroom, deck and allure in our own tags

At around 7 weeks before the cruise you will be able to download printable luggage tags. Look on the same web page where you completed your online check-in.

Thank you for your review! I just finished it (and missed a good sleep time [emoji6]).

Couple of questions.

How does the towel 'check out' work? Where are the places to grap a towel for pool or port? Or can you take the towels from your cabin?

Is there a place where to take your food tray after eating (in buffet) or is there someone who collects the dishes while you're eating your second plate? [emoji1]

I think I need to make changes for our entertainment schedule.. It won't be very good, if there are only 15 minutes between the two shows, am I right?

But I don't want to go to the show at 3.30 on sea day.. And I want to see them all [emoji1]

Well. I need to go to sleep now. Will return later with more questions [emoji846]

Oh oh...sorry you lost some zzzs reading my review. ;)

Let's see if I can answer your questions...

Pool and Beach Towels

For towel check out, you simply go to the pool deck and you'll see the desk with towels (you'll also see the kids life jackets for check out). There is one by the kids H20 Zone, but there may be other desks. You simply show them your sea pass and they give you as many towels that you need. Then when you want to return them, simply return and they'll ask for your sea pass again. It was a quick and a simple process.

Likewise, you check out these same towels for the port. You can check out the night before so you don't have to go there before exiting the ship (or if you're having breakfast at Windjammer, Solarium or Wipeout Café, you're going up to that deck anyways so you'll be near by.

You don't need to (or shouldn't) take the towels out from your room.

Trays

Not quite sure I understand exactly what you're asking. If eating in the Windjammer, there are people that go around and clear empty plates so you can grab another. I'm trying to remember other places, but I'm pretty sure they clear the tables too.

Show Timings

You should be able to book all the shows at night time without needing day shows. Guess it depends on your dinner times. We had one night where we had a show booked with dinner 15 minutes after it ended (and made it with no issues), but not two shows back to back. You do need to be at the show within 10 minutes before the show or you'll lose your reservation (i.e. it'll be like you are coming stand by).

It is a bit of a puzzle though trying to figure out the best fit for everything, isn't it? ;) I ended up creating a spreadsheet of everything just to keep track and to figure it out (also noting possible day shows/events from other's compasses).

Let me know if any other questions. It's great hearing when my report is useful to others. :)

Edited by LuCruise

At around 7 weeks before the cruise you will be able to download printable luggage tags. Look on the same web page where you completed your online check-in.

Thanks Bob for the information.

Oh oh...sorry you lost some zzzs reading my review. ;)

Let's see if I can answer your questions...

Pool and Beach Towels

For towel check out, you simply go to ...

Trays

Not quite sure I understand exactly what you're asking. If eating in the Windjammer, there are people that go around and clear empty plates so you can grab another. ...

Show Timings

You should be able to book all the shows at night time without needing day shows. Guess it depends on your dinner times. We had one night where we had a show booked with dinner 15 minutes after it ended (and made it with no issues), but not two shows back to back. You do need to be at the show within 10 minutes before the show or you'll lose your reservation (i.e. it'll be like you are coming stand by).

It is a bit of a puzzle though trying to figure out the best fit for everything, isn't it? ;) I ended up creating a spreadsheet of everything just to keep track and to figure it out (also noting possible day shows/events from other's compasses).

Let me know if any other questions. It's great hearing when my report is useful to others. :)

Thank you very much!

You understood my question correctly although I wasn't very clear [emoji1] Thanks for clarifying that there will be someone to clear the table.

We'll do My Time, so I've tried to make reservations for dinners and shows. First I booked our Nassau day full with 2 shows and no time to eat. That's not good. We want to eat too [emoji1]

Now I have two shows on St Martin day (if I remember correctly). But you wrote that people get to the line one hour before the show starts [emoji51]we would have very poor seats if we arrived 10-15 minutes before? Oh boy. Need to check them again and again.

Would you post the compass page where is all the shows for the week? I've seen it on here, but it was on March and now it has changed. (I mean no Ice games show on day 3, like in March.) I would like to check if it seems like our show timings.

Sorry if my questions aren't understandable. English isn't my first language [emoji14]

Thank you very much!

You understood my question correctly although I wasn't very clear [emoji1] Thanks for clarifying that there will be someone to clear the table.

We'll do My Time, so I've tried to make reservations for dinners and shows. First I booked our Nassau day full with 2 shows and no time to eat. That's not good. We want to eat too [emoji1]

Now I have two shows on St Martin day (if I remember correctly). But you wrote that people get to the line one hour before the show starts [emoji51]we would have very poor seats if we arrived 10-15 minutes before? Oh boy. Need to check them again and again.

Would you post the compass page where is all the shows for the week? I've seen it on here, but it was on March and now it has changed. (I mean no Ice games show on day 3, like in March.) I would like to check if it seems like our show timings.

Sorry if my questions aren't understandable. English isn't my first language [emoji14]

Your English is great...couldn't tell that it's not your first language.

Yeah, probably a good idea to leave time to eat. You want to enjoy all aspects of the cruise. ;) We had a show each night, and even one night without a show.

It was Mamma Mia that we arrived 1hr early, and many others weren't far behind us. But my daughter and I are huge fans and we wanted to sit front row. So you don't have to show that early...that was just us and others that wanted to be near the front and centre. There were still seats left closer to the opening time.

I'm happy to post the compass if you would like but the shows are not listed in one chart. Here is a link to an old schedule that Royal used to post. (Once your bookings open up, you'll be able to see all the offered times for your cruise)

http://media.royalcaribbean.com/content/royal/en_US/pdf/showtimes_AL.pdf

The times for

• Ocean Aria (I.e. Aqua Theatre) are the same times that we had
  • Ice Games were the same times except Day 5 was at 7pm and 9pm (instead of 9:15pm)
  • Headliner might have been different but I only marked the 8:45pm show
  • Blue Planet are the same times that we had
  • Comedy are similar, but not exact (many showings of it)
  • Mamma Mia (in place of Chicago) had show times of Day 1 at 8pm, Day 2 at 9:30pm and Day 3 at 5pm

The Aqua Theatre one can get cancelled and rescheduled if it is windy that night. We had it booked on day 1, but I did hear that day 2 got cancelled, so keep that in mind when booking it.

There are also day time shows that you don't book.

Hope that helps. Let me know if any specific questions and I can look it up on the compass.

Edited by LuCruise

What a wonderful review and great pictures! I hope to sail on one of these RCL ships in the future but for now I live through the eyes of others and you definitely took me on a journey with you.

Thanks for sharing with us all. :)

What a wonderful review and great pictures! I hope to sail on one of these RCL ships in the future but for now I live through the eyes of others and you definitely took me on a journey with you.

Thanks for sharing with us all. :)

Thank you for the comments. Hopefully you'll get on one some day. I'm dreaming of another at some point....

Ok...thought of a couple post cruise tips to share..

Tips - Create a photo book when you return. It's a wonderful way to capture the memories. And...write a post cruise report...also a great way to keep the memories...and it helps others in their planning. I know it helped me reading other reports.

Your English is great...couldn't tell that it's not your first language.

Yeah, probably a good idea to leave time to eat. You want to enjoy all aspects of the cruise. ;) We had a show each night, and even one night without a show.

I'm happy to post the compass if you would like but the shows are not listed in one chart. Here is a link to an old schedule that Royal used to post. (Once your bookings open up, you'll be able to see all the offered times for your cruise)

Hope that helps. Let me know if any specific questions and I can look it up on the compass.

Wow thanks [emoji4] We start to learn English when we are 9 years old here in Finland. I write and understand better than talk. I should start to speak it a little bit before our trip to the USA so my accent wouldn't be so awful [emoji1]

I was wondering when the Guest (or is it with Q Quest?) and Love and marriage 'shows' might be. I've read about them and also watched a periscope from Love and marriage. Seems funny [emoji846]

Wow thanks [emoji4] We start to learn English when we are 9 years old here in Finland. I write and understand better than talk. I should start to speak it a little bit before our trip to the USA so my accent wouldn't be so awful [emoji1]

I was wondering when the Guest (or is it with Q Quest?) and Love and marriage 'shows' might be. I've read about them and also watched a periscope from Love and marriage. Seems funny [emoji846]

Well, I admire you as I could never learn a new language and be able to communicate fully.;)

We came with our kids so didn't make it to those shows but I checked the compass and on our cruise

• Love and Marriage was on Day 3 at 10:30pm
  • Quest was on Day 6 at 10pm

The Cats Out of the Bag

After a year of keeping a secret it was time to tell our kids. So excited. :p

We decided to tell them New Year’s Eve (well, when I say “we” I mean “I” since DH wanted to tell them as we’re driving to the airport). Figured it would give them something to look forward to in the New Year. So I had bought them each a 2016 calendar (which I always do, but typically give it to them earlier) and had printed and pasted pictures of the cruise ship and activities on our cruise dates as shown below.

IMG_0171%20Medium_zpsmjkrj7cm.jpg

And a close up of one of them

IMG_0172%20Medium_zpsdmlrtlhs.jpg

In the evening of the 31st, I handed them the calendars and my son started flipping through the months to look the picture on each month and when he got to April he said “hey, this is used”. Lol…I told him to look closer at the pictures…and yep, from their reaction they were pretty excited!

Our daughter was cute as each night, she would cross the day off the calendar…another day closer to our trip.

What a great idea!

• 3 weeks later...
Pre-Cruise Reservations

For anyone who’s been on Oasis class, you know that you can pre-book your shows and dinner if on My Time. You’ll see the question posted over and over about 'When can I make reservations?' It seems like there is no set date and it varies not only from ship to ship, but from cruise to cruise.

During the pre-planning I had seen a show schedule for each night so I used this to plan our ideal selections. Yeah, I knew that ours could be different, but at least when things opened up, I wasn’t trying to figure out our preferred times without a plan. That just doesn’t work for an OCD planner like myself.

So how to figure out when things opened up? I basically checked the cruise planner every day and one day in early October, the shows popped up. So exciting! We were lucky as this was 6 months before our cruise. And yippee, the preferred times were available so I booked them. At this point, I started keeping an eye on roll calls ahead of us in order get an idea when dinner bookings would be available. And on November 18th, the February roll call had their dinner reservations open up. So I checked ours and lo and behold, ours were available for booking too. Not bad…it was 4 months and 3 weeks ahead. I guess that explains why some reservations open up at 3 months and some even earlier. They must open up a few months at a time. Booking right away, we pretty much got all our dinner time selections. The cruise was feeling more real now.

Ok…so roll on April. I was all ready for the cruise. Too bad it was still 144 days until our cruise. :rolleyes:

First off I'm loving your detailed review. I too am like you and like to read and research and plan. I have a question if I am reading correct you can book you show times to work around your dining even if you are anytime dining and not traditional correct. Or do you pick at time slot for the anytime dining as well. Thanks hope this makes sense. :)