Serenade studio drama

Well, I am still trying to get some satisfaction on my room assignment for the Apr 29 TA on Serenade. I was told to keep calling to see if a cabin opens up which it has. 9005. But they won't assign to me because it's not an IS GTY Only option is to upgrade to an OV for another 369 dollars The way I have been treated, I am having a hard time forking out more money. I did write a letter to CEO stating how studio cabins are not mentioned in the IS GTY category or anywhere in the booking process on website. So, If I don't accomplish anything, at least I can alert others of this bait and switch from RCI

Well, I am still trying to get some satisfaction on my room assignment for the Apr 29 TA on Serenade. I was told to keep calling to see if a cabin opens up which it has. 9005. But they won't assign to me because it's not an IS GTY Only option is to upgrade to an OV for another 369 dollars The way I have been treated, I am having a hard time forking out more money. I did write a letter to CEO stating how studio cabins are not mentioned in the IS GTY category or anywhere in the booking process on website. So, If I don't accomplish anything, at least I can alert others of this bait and switch from RCI

I don't understand that. You should be able to upgrade to anything available, as long as you are willing to pay the price. Unless they are saying you have to pay more than $369 because of some new booking thing.

It appears by the title "Serenade Studio Drama" the OP originally booked a studio cabin which implies he/she is traveling solo. RCCL at times does restricts the terms of guaranteed bookings to NOT include solos. Upon doing a mock booking for the 4/29 Serenade on several sites including RCCL that appears to be the case. Thus the reason RCCL has told the OP that the only option would be is to upgrade to an OV with incurring a cost.

Edited by xxoocruiser

It appears by the title "Serenade Studio Drama" the OP originally booked a studio cabin which implies he/she is traveling solo. RCCL at times does restricts the terms of guaranteed bookings to NOT include solos. Upon doing a mock booking for the 4/29 Serenade on several sites including RCCL that appears to be the case. Thus the reason RCCL has told the OP that the only option would be is to upgrade to an OV with incurring a cost.

Not sure what that means. When I looked, putting in 1 cruiser resulted in interiors ($1367) and balconies ($1767) offering a guarantee category. If you put in 2 people, no guarantee category came up. Currently, no guarantee categories come up for 1 or 2 people.

Edited by marci22

Not sure what that means. When I looked, putting in 1 cruiser resulted in interiors ($1367) and balconies ($1767) offering a guarantee category. If you put in 2 people, no guarantee category came up. Currently, no guarantee categories come up for 1 or 2 people.

Did you actually take it further than just the page that shows all open categories pricing ? When I went further and actually tried to book the interior Z guarantee as a solo RCCL's website as well as other websites stated no rooms available. But than doing the same for 2 people on all the websites I check would allow me to book.

It's all for naught anyway as just checked RCCL's website and it now shows all interior cabins are sold out regardless of the number of passengers in the cabin.

Edited by xxoocruiser

Did you actually take it further than just the page that shows all open categories pricing ? When I went further and actually tried to book the interior Z guarantee as a solo RCCL's website as well as other websites stated no rooms available. But than doing the same for 2 people on all the websites I check would allow me to book.

It's all for naught anyway as just checked RCCL's website and it now shows all interior cabins are sold out regardless of the number of passengers in the cabin.

Yes, I got to the page where they gave the price with taxes and fees and asked for my information.

I was looking yesterday. Could book a guarantee for 1 person only. If I put in 2, guarantee category did not come up. And when I chose the guarantee for 1, it gave me final pricing.

spintown, I remember your drama. Stick to your guns. You are right and RCI is wrong. Maybe you will get some relief from M. Bayley's office. When I contacted them, I got an e-mail in a day and a phone call about 5 days later. My concern was taken care of.

Because in my original thread I was discussing disputing the cc charge which I decided against. Is there some rule against changing gears and following up with a different title? Plus, the origiinal post was then on page 5 when I gave the update, (Don't know if that matters) As you can see, I don't usually have alot to say, so maybe I am still learning cruise critic etiquette.

Because in my original thread I was discussing disputing the cc charge which I decided against. Is there some rule against changing gears and following up with a different title? Plus, the origiinal post was then on page 5 when I gave the update, (Don't know if that matters) As you can see, I don't usually have alot to say, so maybe I am still learning cruise critic etiquette.

Oh, please don't take offense. I am totally on your side and hope you get what you booked and paid for. I have been following, and didn't want to miss any resolution. I am following both threads. Good Luck!!

I'm pleased to see you are still trying to get some resolution on this. I believe you are in the right here and RCI needs to step up and do the right thing and give you what you booked.

Have you posted your experiences on the RCI FB page? I've heard others have gained a resolution by doing so.

Hope corporate gets back to you ASAP.

I'm pleased to see you are still trying to get some resolution on this. I believe you are in the right here and RCI needs to step up and do the right thing and give you what you booked.

Have you posted your experiences on the RCI FB page? I've heard others have gained a resolution by doing so.

Hope corporate gets back to you ASAP.

Excellent idea, I hope it works for the OP.

As you may know by now, people are still posting in your other thread. :)