Summit cruisers...I am shocked!

JRA1708

If you mean Tuscan Grille, it would be located on deck 3, just aft

of Guest Relations near the mid ship elevators. It has replaced

Normandie, which was one the best specialty restaurants in the

fleet (In my opinion).

Tuscany is a speciality Italian market in my town! LOL!

Oh, very sad to hear that there is no more Normandie. We loved it there.

The information I'm interested in is the noise issues for the Aqua Class rooms on deck 11. Is the big screen located in the new terrace on deck 12 really creating bothersome noise for those rooms on deck 11?

Yes,I would also like to know this. I am sailing in 3 weeks in one of the deck 11 afts.

Here are my pictures from our early April cruise. Sorry, no RS for us...

https://celebritysummitapril2016.shutterfly.com/pictures/23

Your pictures were great. Thanks for sharing. Our dearest friends are Paul and Lynne also.

Will be sailing on the Summit on May 8th.. Our 1st Celebrity cruise. Booked in Aqua Class.

:cool:

The 11th deck rear facing aft cabins on the Summit are right above the Sunset Bar and directly below the new Rooftop Terrace. It could be a little loud at times,that's just my opinion. We were on deck 7 aft and could at times hear the guitarist at the bar.

image.jpg.40123778a3bf151e7045155a6906d8d4.jpg

JFYI...

Was aboard the Summit the last week of March/first of April. I can't really comment on anything "new" since it was my first Celebrity cruise. We had an aft-facing concierge cabin. Cabin space was a little tight but consider we were in a Neptune Suite aboard HA in November so it really wasn't that bad!:D The cabin was in good condition. The balcony was basically the highlight of the cabin. We had breakfast on it most mornings!

I would like to give a list of hits and misses but there were VERY few misses. The BEST things about this cruise:

1. The BALCONY was GREAT!

2. Room service was as good as any I've experienced. Service AND food.

3. The classic drink package worked WONDERFULLY.

4. The whole Cosmopolitan MDR staff...from the Maitre 'd on down...as good as I've ever experienced.

5. The crew at the Oceanview Bar(all the way aft) were off the chain with customer service. Same for the martini bar(Crush).

6. All the ships officers in particular Captain Alex Papadopoulos and Executive Chief Wayne Tapscott were great...very friendly and answered any and every question imaginable.

7. Drink service, even WITH the Beverage package was really, really good. Servers were literally walking around with drinks to give you...and extra alcohol to top it off! :eek:

8. The whole crew seemed to find a way to say "yes" and make things work.

The only two items I can think of that were down slightly were:

1. Stateroom attendant...slightly off. Quirky..

2. Deck chairs topside... VERY crammed together....VERY Carnival-like. Very opposite HA where you could practically do 360s with your deck chair.

I'd do Celebrity AND the Summit again in a minute.....

• 2 weeks later...
You mentioned you had the classic drink package. Did it cover you martini's in the Martini Bar? Just wondering. I had heard I would have to pay full price for the Martini's. :)

Yes, your martinis are included, not the same size as the Premium Package holders.

You need to let the bar tender know up front your package in order NOT to be charged. Some of the specialty ones will be charged full price though.

bon voyage