Vista Inside cabin size? Where is the couch?

benevempress

I was looking at pictures of the inside cabins on the Vista, and mysteriously the couch that is on all of the other Carnival ships we've sailed seems to have disappeared and the cabin looks much smaller (like RCL's 140 sq feet). At least one travel booking site is still saying the square footage of an inside cabin is 185 (like the other ships) but I'm suspicious that they've just copied that from other Carnival data and not confirmed.

I did not see square footage information on Carnival's website, even when going through the booking process. I know no one has been on the ship yet, but has anyone seen square footage information for the various cabin types inside/outside/balcony?

We booked our first inside on the Conquest a couple of years ago and we did not have a couch. Just the bed, night stands and a small desk area with the chair that fits underneath. Expecting the same on Vista in October ... :rolleyes:

I was looking at pictures of the inside cabins on the Vista, and mysteriously the couch that is on all of the other Carnival ships we've sailed seems to have disappeared and the cabin looks much smaller (like RCL's 140 sq feet). At least one travel booking site is still saying the square footage of an inside cabin is 185 (like the other ships) but I'm suspicious that they've just copied that from other Carnival data and not confirmed.

I did not see square footage information on Carnival's website, even when going through the booking process. I know no one has been on the ship yet, but has anyone seen square footage information for the various cabin types inside/outside/balcony?

Only ever had a couch in the bigger spa rooms or the porthole rooms, never in a normal interior

We did. It have a couch on the Dream in March. Based on a video tour JH just did of an inside Harbor family room, there is no coach. I agree thought that his video made the room feel smaller than I thought it would be. That said, video can be hard to tell in 2D sometimes.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We did. It have a couch on the Dream in March. Based on a video tour JH just did of an inside Harbor family room, there is no coach. I agree thought that his video made the room feel smaller than I thought it would be. That said, video can be hard to tell in 2D sometimes.

I'm an idiot. We did NOT have a couch. Stupid iPhone and my inability to type.

I didn't even see drawers in the rooms (including a balcony) John showed.

I didn't even see drawers in the rooms (including a balcony) John showed.

I misspoke. No couch in the Dream inside cabin. JH showed shelves both in the room and in one of the closets. That would seem to be a change.

I misspoke. No couch in the Dream inside cabin. JH showed shelves both in the room and in one of the closets. That would seem to be a change.

The shelves I was didn't really look like they would be for clothes. they were above the desk. There are usually shelves in a closet.

We've never had a couch in a regular inside with two uppers. However, I am curious about the lack of drawers in the desk. That was usually where all my kids' clothes went. When I traveled with three friends, we couldn't have survived without that extra space. I can see barely using them when it's just a couple sharing a room, but we use every bit of storage space available and always thought they were clever in how much they provided in small room.

Interior insides do not have couches. The cabins are not large enough. As cruisinisthebest said earlier, have only seen couches in 4j and 4K and that is because they were not originally designated as insides. They have only been changed to insides in recent years because of the obstructed non views. Not only do they have couches but they are larger in size than the standard interior cabins.

BTW: not all 4j's have couch or are larger in size. I believe the newer ships do not have couches in the 4j cabins.

The description clearly states "desk and seat" and nothing about a sofa.

I almost always sail in inside cabins (I'm often solo and with paying 200%, that's what I can afford if I want to sail 2 or 3 times a year) and the only time I had a sofa was in 1A cabins with a single bed and a sofa bed. Never a sofa in a "regular" inside that has 2 single/king bed setup.

As for drawer space, we'll have 4 women in a FHOV next week. What I imagine we'll do is leave lots of our small items (that would normally go in the drawers) in the packing cubes in our open suitcases under the beds.

When you need something, you just slide it out, get what you want, put dirty stuff directly back into the case, and slide it back under the bed. With that many people in a cabin, you have to keep up with the mess and not let the clutter accumulate.

It's the old knees getting down on the floor and getting back up that concerns me more than drawer space. :p And for the first time, I'll probably need to use the space in the little lamp table.